Thirty Seven

Driving back into Mystic falls my phone started to ring. it was from an unknown caller, picking up the phone I answered. "hello." "didn't think you'd pick up Stephanie." a deep voice says. "who is this." I sighed. "don't remember me." he chuckled. I clenched my jaw and replied. "how can I forget, Kai Parker." I huffed. "I will be coming for you." I said without any emotion in my tone of voice. Kai sighs then chuckles. "am I really talking to Stephanie Bennet. it doesn't sound like you." "I turned it off. be prepared I just entered town." I said before hanging up the call. stepping onto the pedal, I made my way to the mystic grill. entering the mystic grill I took a deep breath. sitting down, two people came standing by me. "Stephanie." I turned to see Caroline. "oh hey Caroline." I nod. "we heard what happened." Elena said with a sigh. "remind me again why she's here." I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"We came here to help

"We came here to help. we figured you'd be here since Lizzie and Josie told me." Caroline said taking a seat next to me. "look, whatever you have going on that's trying to help me to turn it back on won't work." I sighed. "I know what it's like to lose your mother Stephanie." Caroline said with a quiet tone in her voice. "really? so what exactly did you do right after she died." I raised both my eyebrows. "I turned my humanity off, which is the biggest regret I have." Caroline said looking into my eyes with sadness. " I went through it too, it's a big regret you have that sticks with you." Elena said with a nod. "I don't care enough to talk about this, and your really starting to get on my nerves Elena." I rolled my eyes. "we're just trying to help Stephanie, we know what it's like." Caroline sighs. 

"I don't need your help, because I don't plan on turning it back on anytime soon." I said. "Your father is worried Stephanie." Elena said. "or you're just worried about the fact that he fell out of love with you." I grinned. "that's not the point at all, Stephanie I would never to replace your mother." I shook her head. "so what was it about them that you decided to toy them around." I tilt my head. Elena started to get frustrated and shook her head. 

"I loved them both Stephanie. it was never my intention to toy around with them." she sighed. I vamped run to her and giggled, causing Elena to flinch. "scared." I smiled mischievously. "that's enough Stephanie." Caroline calls out pulling me away from her. I looked back at Caroline and threw her to the wall. Elena backed away and pulled out a bottle. vamp running from behind her I kicked her in the stomach causing her to fall onto the ground. I turned her around and kneeled down to her. "I'm sorry." Elena said before throwing the bottle at me causing my skin to react to the vervain. I yelled in pain and fell onto the ground.