| 46 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[The Truth About Betrayal]

"Y/N... Thank you for coming."

You kept silent, staring at the male in front of you, watching as he continued walking forward until he stood in front of you. His lanky body crouches down into a low squat before letting himself fall backwards onto his bottom, hands leaning back behind him, letting his body stretch a little.

The clothes he wore were torn and tattered, the once light gray hoodie now discolored with dirt and grime. His hair was longer than it used to be, which was unusual for him, knowing that he liked to keep his hair short and out of his face. But now, it flowed past his shoulders, matted together in greasy lumps.

"You look like shit." You said, not removing your eyes from him. His lips tilted up into a small smile, the bags under his eyes were dark, almost matching the ones you had under your own. "Just because your bitch died, does that mean you can't take care of yourself?" You asked, tilting your head to the side, your gaze falling to his hands which were perched behind him, holding himself up. From your spot you could see that his knuckles were badly bruised, almost feeling sorry for whoever had received those hits.

"...You're still as funny as ever, I see." He chuckled lightly, throwing his head back and letting his eyes fall closed, "I've been on the run since that day, you know?"

"And I'm supposed to care... Because?" You trailed off, watching as his head snapped up, hurt flashing across his face. "If you couldn't remember, Hanma, we..." You said, lifting a hand, finger pointing from him to you, "Are not friends anymore, and I have no intention of acting like we are."

"I... Y/N, you don't understand. I wasn't thinking straight back then, I swear!" Hanma said, his hands pushing his body up straight, leaning closer to you, showing the pure desperation in his eyes. "Kisaki he... He..."

"Can't come up with an excuse, can you?" You asked, you boredly stared into his eyes which were blown wide, desperately searching for a sliver of hope remaining in your dull eyes.

"You... You don't understand, Y/N!" He yelled, lips parted as his body began to shake, teeth chattering as he tried controlling his anger.

"No." You said, pushing Hanma away from you and standing up, "It's you who doesn't understand." You took a step forward, shoes crunching against small bits of glass on the ground, breaking them up into smaller pieces. "We were friends, until you decided to follow Kisaki, instead of me." You said, using the tip of your shoe to push him flat onto the ground, remaining on his chest as all he could was stare up at you with wide teary eyes. "And then you proceed to tell me that you were all I had, do you know how fucking dumb you sounded when you said that? That you were all I had?!" You bent down, face moving closer to his causing more weight to be added to his chest. He winced in pain, chest tightening in pain finding it harder to breathe. "Let me tell you something, Hanma."