one

Song: Enchanted - Taylor Swift

~

Daisy's POV

Saturday

The strands of grass twisted in between my fingers, slowly climbing up my arms. All while my eyes were on the sky. The perfect clouds forming silly pictures. A bird, a wheel, a wand, a heart. The possibilities were endless.

The breeze was finally not too cold, but neither too hot. The sunlight was just perfect, and the temperature as well.

I'd you sit in the rain long enough, it doesn't stay cold, they say. It's the same with the wind.

My eyes closed for a couple of seconds, until soft and careful footsteps pressed against the grass behind me. They flew open, and I sat alert, yet didn't move.

Then, after a while, I looked behind me, where I saw a boy. He frowned, but didn't look at me, but around us.

"Looking lost?" I questioned.

He looked at me, and somehow immediately I melted into his ocean eyes. Bright blue I presume.

"Who are you?" he asked, digging his hands into his pockets.

"Daisy."

His frown deepend. "Daisy?"

"Yes," I agreed.

I turned back around, before picking at some flowers. I made sure to tug the weeds off of my arms, making as if I was only playing with the grass and flowers.

Suddenly, to my surprise, he sat down beside me. When I looked at him, he didn't look my way, but didn't even have a facial expression. It gave me a chance to examine him.

His hair was dark golden-brown. He had a sharp jawline, and was quite tanned, yet light skin. He must've been 5'10 or 5'11; maybe even 6 foot. I wasn't sure. And his face was decorated with small spots- barely noticeable.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, his eyes meeting mine.

I frowned lightly. "I don't know what you mean?"

"This tree. This field. How did you- what are you doing here?"

"Oh," I said, even though I was fairly still unsure about what he said. "I walked into the fields and found this tree. A week ago. Came here every day."

He looked around, and I noticed how his eyes were looking into the distance, searching for something.

"Daisy, right?"

I nodded, even though I wasn't looking at him. My eyes were on a few yellow dandelions in my hand.

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

I noticed his eyes widen in the corner of my eye. Then, his eyes moved to my hands, watching me weave the flowers into each other to make a crown.

"Where do you live?" he asked.

So full of questions.