seven

Song: Mind of Matter (Reprise) - Young the Giant

~

Daisy White

Wednesday

"You know it was only a joke, right?" Pansy asked as we slowed down after rushing out of the Great Hall. "Theo always makes stupid jokes-"

"And rude ones," I said, already feeling the urge to cover my teeth.

He had made me insecure about them. And my smile. Merlin, now I hated my smile.

"He's a tease, Daisy. I'm sure he was just trying to flirt."

Flirt? Pfft. Pathetic attempt. Mattheo did better.

"Shit," Pansy said as she stuffed through her bag. "I don't have my Herbology notes. I'll be right back."

She then sprinted into the opposite direction as I continued my stride to the greenhouses.

"Daisy!"

I haven't heard myself groan quicker before in my life. Not before now.

"Daisy, wait."

I came to a stop, looking behind me as Theo ran towards me. "It was a joke, Daisy. I didn't mean it-"

"Rudely?" I interrupted. "Of course you didn't. I mean, I'm just another person, right? Another tease?"

He frowned.

"Theo, it's fine," I sighed. "Drop it. It was just a joke, right?"

"I mean..."

I scoffed, walking off, but he groaned, grabbing my arm, pulling me to a stop again.

"Daisy. There a spell, but your smile is perfect as it is. I'm sorry, alright?"

By looking at him  I didn't know if he was being serious, or just trying to calm me down by lying. It didn't help the fact that I was suddenly insecure about my bloody smile.

"Fine," I sighed. "You're forgiven. Can I go now?"

"I'll walk you!" he said, before jumping to my side, and following me as I walked to the greenhouses. "We have Herbo-"

"I remember," I stated, making him smile. "You sit in the far back with Mattheo."

He chuckled. "Forgot about the fact that you-"

"Knew?" I asked, looking at him. "I don't forget easily, Theo."

He laughed awkwardly, as if he forgot easily. It made me smile, before I covered my mouth with my hand. Ugly smile. I sighed, losing my smile while looking in front of us as we walked down the the stairs to the Greenhouses.

My eyes flew up to the clouds. Gorgeous in my opinion.

"Pretty, aren't they?"

Theo looked at me, then up at the clouds. "They're very pretty."

I hadn't even noticed that I came to a stop, looking at the clouds. "I wonder if they look down at us and think we're pretty."

I knew he frowned the moment he heard me.

"The clouds?" he questioned.

I giggled. "Yeah. The clouds."

He laughed, and once we reached the greenhouses, I dropped down onto the nearest piece of grass I could find.

It took Theo a couple of seconds to realize where I had gone, but he then dropped down beside me, even though I laid onto my back.

"You know, I prefer the night sky," he said.