twenty-two

Song: No Role Modelz - J. Cole

Tw: suicide talk + abuse talk
~

Daisy White

Sunday

"You coming?" Pansy asked as the boys walked out ahead of us.

I scurried through my bag. "Uhm, I'll get tou at the dorm. I wanna quickly run to my locker. Okay?"

"Yeah," she smiled, before following after the boys.

I hurried down the corridor, knowing well that I was doing this way to late at night. It was already dark, and as I hurrying as fast as I could.

When opening my locker, a letter dropped. I thought only kids in muggle schools did these things.

After locking my locker, I looked at the letter, opening it up.

'BUT IT WAS YOUR FAULT, DAISY. YOU DID IT.'

I reread the words about fifty times. They started turning into a visual picture. One that have haunted me for ages. One that was burnt into my memory. One that I'd never forget.

"Run, Daisy. Hide."

"You won't get her."

"Don't fucking touch me."

"Stop lying, Daisy."

The words on repeat.

Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy. Stop lying, Daisy.

On fucking repeat.

Next thing I knew I was outside on a bridge. I don't even remember how I got here, but I was breathing heavily as I dropped down onto the ground against the beige railing.

It was your fault, Daisy. It was your fault, Daisy. It was your fault, Daisy. It was your fault, Daisy. It was your fault, Daisy.

I was only five... It wasn't my fault. I was only five...

~

"Down the hallway. Down the road."

I sang the words on repeat. I always used to. I haven't sang these words in ages.

"Until you learn how to let go... Drop down the bridge, and let it all go... Just lean, and let go. Just lean and let go."

"Daisy?"

I froze. I smiled when I was singing, and now I froze with a smile.

"Daisy, what are you doing?" Theo asked behind me. His voice was shaky.

"Admiring the view," I managed to say softly.

My legs were over the railing as I sat on the wall. I needed more air, and now I didn't want to get down. Now I wanted to fall forward. I wanted to fall. I wanted to go.

"Daisy... please get down..." he begged, panic in his voice.

I giggled lightly. "I wonder how far one would be falling. I wonder if it'll hurt."

He went silent. "Please sit back, Daisy. You're scaring me."

Scared him? He was worried?

"This isn't a horror, Theo," I giggled.

"Please..." he said again.

My head tilted back a bit as my eyes moved to the sky. The dark and starry sky.