three

Song: Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood

~

Daisy White

Monday

There's not much to say about Diagon Alley. It's a lot more busy than I thought it'd be.

At least I got my wand. The first place we stopped. To be honest, I was more excited about the wand than actually going to school. The spells I had learnt were amazing, but I would still be far behind the rest of the children at Hogwarts. Far behind.

Miss Lisan refused to come with me. I was alone. I had a list of things I needed, and that was it. Some money as well, that only Merlin knows where she got it, but Merlin himself forbids me to ask.

After that I was lost.

The families of witches and wizards swarmed the alley. I was lost the moment I stepped outside of Ollivanders.

Next on the list was a broom. Merlin knows where I'd find a place to buy a broom in this ants' nest.

Just when I turned to walk down the alleyway again, I shoulder bumped into a boy.

He groaned. "Watch where you're going!" the blonde bit. Then he looked at me and frowned. "You go to Hogwarts?"

I shrugged lightly. "New student."

"Shove off, Malfoy," someone said as she stepped between me and him. "Come on. Go spend daddy's money."

I looked at the girl, and something in me knew they were friends the moment she smiled and he rolled his eyes before walking away.

Then she turned to me. She had black hair, and was a few inches taller than me.

"He's a pain."

I smiled softly, and fairly cluelessly. "Thank you, I guess?"

Then she frowned lightly. "You go to Hogwarts?"

I nodded. "This year. Seventh year. I'm new."

Her smile grew again  and this time wider. "You seem lost. Need help?"

I looked down at the paper in my hand. "A broom?"

She laughed. "I think you have a first year's list. They give this list in every invitation. Unless you're going to partake in Quidditch, a broom will be completely useless and a waist of money."

"Quidditch?" I questioned.

"Haven't heard of Quidditch?" she asked in surprise.

With a small smile I shrugged. "I'm quite new to the Wizarding World. I don't know much; barely anything at all."

She laughed. "I'm Pansy."

"Daisy," I smiled back.

"Now," she said, suddenly snatching my list. "You can borrow a broom from a friend if you ever wish to fly, but buying one is a waist of money. Next is books. I need to get mine, so I'll help you."

Suddenly she grabbed my hand and pulled me with her. I didn't know her, but I wondered if she just made me her friend without my consent.

Honestly, I didn't care. I wanted a friend.

~

"And finally a school bag and some ink with a quil," Pansy said as she dragged me into another store.