twenty-five

Song: Please Notice - Christian Leave
~

Theo Nott

Monday

"Didn't do anything," Draco groaned, dropping down onto the couch. "Fucking boring."

I looked at him from the floor, beside the empty fireplace. "So what? Sat and did nothing for hours?"

"Might've vandalized a table, or two."

"Smart," Mattheo said, leaning against the wall. "For a dumbass."

"Since when do you care?" Draco scoffed.

Suddenly two figures entered the common room. Daisy and Alex. She was smiling, and a small smile lit my lips softly.

"Great," Pansy said as she moved to her feet on the staircase. "Coming, Daisy?"

Daisy looked at her, smiling. "Yup-"

"Wait," Mattheo said, smiling, stepping in front of her.

Suddenly he placed both his hands under her ears, before leaning down, placing a soft, yet long kiss on her lips.

He wasn't fucking serious.

He smiled when he pulled away. "Okay. You can go."

She wore a large smile, and I saw butterflies suddenly appear, following after her as she followed Pansy up the stairs. I don't think she knew she had literal butterflies.

Mattheo turned back around, and before he said a word, I scoffed, standing up.

"You alright?" he asked me, frowning.

I looked at him. "You're seriously doing it? Are you mental?"

He scoffed. "I'm sorry, you care? You did this too, you know?"

I rolled my eyes, heading for the dormitory.

"What, Nott? You got a problem?"

I couldn't tell him the truth. Fuck, I had a girlfriend.

"Drop it, Mattheo. Alright?"

When I stepped inside the dorm, he followed in.

"No, do tell me. What's your problem? You love her suddenly?"

"The fuck you just say?" I laughed, looking at him. "The fuck do you know?"

Mattheo laughed. "Man, if you want her, do tell. I won't spill."

"She's fucking useless," I lied. I had to say something. Do something to change his mind. "She's like a seed. She's fucking pointless. Don't waste your fucking time."

He scoffed. "Waste my time? Why the fuck do you care?"

I looked at him, my mind rushing with lies.

"Huh? You sound in love, Nott-"

"Please," I laughed. "She's irritating. She's childish and fucking sweet. She doesn't belong with us. She's a thorn. She's fucking irritating. Fuck, why's she even with us at the moment? In the group?"

"Dude?" Alex questioned. "What the fuck is up with you?"

"I'm being honest," I lied.

"No, you're being shallow and fucking mean," Alex spilt. "Sure, what Mattheo is doing is not nice, but at least he isn't rude about her. At least he still cares, right?" he questioned, looking at Mattheo.

Mattheo agreed. "At least I'm not dragging her name through mud, Nott. That's shallow."

"Choose what you want to feel towards her," Draco joined. "Because hating her isn't going to get you somewhere."

I scoffed, shoving passed them, out the door.

"Theodore!" Alex called, but he got ignored.

I walked to the common room, where I exited into the corridors. I then made my way to the Great Hall.

There, before entering, I heard chatter around the corner, in the courtyard. There, I easily noticed Daisy and Pansy.

Just when I stepped out the corridor, Pansy stood up, turning around, she smiled softly, seeing me, before she walked passed me, but Daisy stayed seated. So I sat down beside her.

"Hey," I smiled, making her look at me.

"Theo, hi." She smiled back.

"How are you?" I asked, making her shrug. "After Sunday..."

She realized what I meant, and simply just looked away. "I'm... fine... You know. It's just-"

"That wasn't nothing, Daisy," I stated. "I was scared. Genuinely scared. You were suicidal, Daisy. You-"

"I'm not," she bit. "And you don't have to be scared. I'm- I'm fine."

I looked at her, my face in disbelief. "You're not fine, Daisy. You're not well. I think you should-"

"Why were you even scared?" she asked bluntly, meeting eyes. "The one day I'm nothing to you, the next you're scared to death for me. Why?"

Because I care too much about you, Daisy. I care way too much.

"Because you're still one of us," I lied.

Because I'm pretty sure I've fallen for you, Daisy.

"And that's it?" she asked.

I saw it in her eyes, and heard it in her voice. She wanted me to say something. Something I want to say, but I can't.

"You're special, Daisy. To everyone in the group. I'm just looking out."

She let out a scoff. "And you act like you care," she said, suddenly standing up in fury. "Truth is, I was hoping to hear something else. But I see there's nothing else to say."

Then she stormed off. I turned around, watching her leave, only to see Beth looking at me. And even from far away I saw in her eyes that she knew. And just like that, my heart sunk.

Yet, she didn't look mad, she didn't look upset. She looked at me with sorrow. She felt sorry, for me.

"Beth," I said, standing up.

She calmly walked to me. "She's close to Mattheo, Theo."

She didn't hate me. She didn't talk about our relationship. She was just... just calm.

"Don't be stupid, Theo. I see the way you look at her."

"Beth, I didn't mean to-"

"I know," she said, placing her hand on my cheek. "Tell her how you feel, soon, or leave her alone. You're no good right now."

In her eyes I noticed that she didn't care. She cared about me, but this didn't hurt her.

"Maybe we shouldn't... I don't want to hurt you."

She smiled. "I know. It's okay. We're fine. Right?"

I nodded. "We're fine."

She removed her skin from mine, and walked away.

Did we just break up? Did I just admit to my girlfriend that I loved another girl? Did I love Daisy? Was I falling for the girl my best friend wanted?

Fuck.