nineteen

Song: no song x

~

Daisy White

Saturday

Beth smiled while we stood at the counter while Pansy locked herself in one of the stalls. Beth laughed as she watched me hop onto the counter, knowing full well Pansy was going to take a while.

"This is fun, actually," Beth smiled.

I looked at her, and without noticing, grew a soft smile. "Going to the bathroom?"

She laughed again, her perfectly aligned teeth making my stomach sink. "Being here with more than just one other girl."

I frowned teasingly. "Pansy's not enough?"

"She's amazing!" Beth defended, still laughing.

That's when I realized that she wasn't close to sober, at all. She was bloody drunk.

"I just think it's great that there's another girl, you know? I mean Astoria used to be around as well, but in Fifth year Draco managed to piss her off so badly, that she completely ditched us all."

I smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror, pulling her ponytail loose. "You were friends with them way back then even?"

She nodded. "Theo and I started dating in our Third year. Started with a dare, and he still doesn't think I know."

Suddenly my excitement faded, and I frowned. "Dare?"

"He had to date me for a couple of months to make me fall in love with him. We were such a great couple, that we never broke up."

"And now?"

She sighed, suddenly sitting beside me. "Now I don't know. I never fell in love with him. Many people say they beg to differ, but I never did. And now I'm stuck with him."

"Why don't you just leave him?" I asked.

She smiled softly. "Give him some time. He'll do it himself. I know he will."

Looking at her, I saw her smiling. She knew something.

"His heart doesn't belong to me. Merlin, it never did. His heart is aiming for someone else. Someone better."

I scoffed, making her frown.

"What?"

"Better?" I asked in surprise, suddenly laughing. "Better than you? You're perfect. Perfect teeth. Perfect eyes. Perfect blonde hair. Perfect body shape. Perfect laugh. Perfect grades. Perfect everything. Who'd want someone so-called better than you?"

"Theo," she stated bluntly, leaving me speechless. "His heart doesn't want me."

"But Alex's does?" I froze after I heard my own words. She looked at me in surprise.

"How'd you- how'd you know?" she asked.

I frowned. "It's obvious for everyone, Beth..."

She sighed, jumping off of the counter. "It was a mistake. It was a drunken mistake, and now I have feelings."

"What happened?"

"He kissed me," she blurted. "We were both drunk last year, and he kissed me. I kissed back. We kissed for too long, I think."

I sighed. "He doesn't know, does he?"

"Theo?" She pushed her hair back over her shoulders. "He'll kill Alex. I- I don't want to risk it."

Finally, the bathroom stall opened, and Pansy exited. She washed her hands, before we left the bathroom.

To our surprise, the boys were on their next round of beers already. Ours were untouched.

"What took you so long?" Theo asked.

"Girl talk," Beth and I said at the same time. Draco and Alex groaned.

"Move," Pansy said, making both Draco and Mattheo complain as they had to get out of the booth.

Beth moved in, then me, then Mattheo, then Pansy, then Draco. It was amusing to be honest.

"So, truth or dare tonight."

I looked at Alex as he explained, but I wasn't listening. I tried to imagine his stupidity. He seemed like a good guy, but by the sounds of it, he probably wasn't.

~

"Come on," Pansy laughed as Draco was helping her walk.

Mattheo and I laughed as we walked far behind the rest. Theo and Beth had left a lot earlier, claiming they had plans. Alex was far ahead, and Draco was balancing a very wasted Pansy.

"I'm sorry for last night."

I looked up at Mattheo, frowning lightly. "What for?"

"Being so bitter at the end of the night. I didn't mean to come off as rude."

I smiled softly. "It's alright. It was late anyways."

He smiled softly. "Come on," he said, grabbing my hand. "I want to show you a place."

He managed to pull me off of the path, before making me follow him towards the woods. I couldn't help but laugh lightly. He tried so hard to be sneaky, but I know Alex saw us. He just laughed.

"Quiet," he told me, even though I wasn't the one who made the noise.

He led me through the trees and all, before he finally stopped at a sweet small open piece of land at the lake. The beach.

So familiar.

"Woah," I said as my eyes fell onto the water. "Merlin, that's gorgeous."

He didn't let go of my hand, but instead pulled me closer to him. I turned to face his chest, before looking up at his eyes.

His smile gave me butterflies. Millions of butterflies.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

His hands moved to my hips, and almost as if an instinct, I moved mine around his neck. He smiled.

"It's pretty here. I'll need a date to match its beauty. Never thought I'd find a date more beautiful."

I don't think I've ever turned more red than I was at that moment. My stomach was a zoo. A botanical garden of butterflies.

"You're a flirt."

"I'm honest."

"And a tease."

"How so?" he grinned softly.

I felt myself smiling as well. "Want to kiss me?"

"So badly," he admitted.

A smile slowly peered wider. "Then do it."

Suddenly, without even hesitation, he lift his one hand to the side of my face, before bringing me closer, crashing his lips into mine.

Even though it was only a long, sweet, single kiss, it was more than enough. Actually, I could have done with a lot more than just a plain kiss, but I wouldn't admit it alive.