thirty-six

no song x

~

Theodore Nott

*weeks later*

Tuesday

We haven't seen her in weeks. Not in town, or at the tree; and each time I showed up at their house, Miss Lisan would just send me away, saying Daisy wasn't home.

It was clear that she was completely avoiding us. I wouldn't blame her, but she ought to forgive us soon, right? Her best friend was in our group, and she saw us daily. Either she'd give in and forgive, or she'd act like nothing had happened. How'll that turn out?

Yet, she wasn't there when we had to pick her up to go to the train station. She must've taken another car or carriage.

Mattheo was furious. He wasn't worried, or confused - but mad.

"How could she avoid me all holiday?"
"How could she not tell me where she's going?"
"What gives her the right to be so rude?"

The entire carriage ride was this torture. Mattheo being more angry than concerned. It made me mad - but I wasn't going to tell him that I ratted him out. I mean, I did the same to Beth - sort of.

"She's really working on my nerves," Mattheo complained. "I mean she's a fucking ghost lately. It's like I'm not her fucking boyfriend. It's like I don't fucking exist!"

I sighed. If only he fucking knew.

"There's a party Friday night," Alex told us. "Anyone feel like getting drunk and fuck girls?"

"At the moment I need that," Mattheo groaned. "Fuck. Daisy hasn't touched me in weeks. I need someone to calm me down."

"What the fuck," I bit, looking at him.

He frowned. "What the fuck do you care, Nott? You did the fucking same."

Then it hit me. I'm Alex. I'm obsessed over my best friend's girlfriend, and he's just fucking her over. Not that she'll care now that she knows it's all fake.

"Sure," I said, looking at Alex. "I'm down. Why the fuck not?"

Mattheo scoffed, but I didn't give him a reaction. That'd give him too much satisfaction.

~

When we got to the train station, I didn't care where we were going. My eyes searched every nook and cranny for Daisy. She ought to be somewhere. We did find Pansy and Astoria, but they had no idea where Daisy was. Said they didn't hear from her after the first week of the holiday. She was clearly avoiding them too.

The train ride was just as silent. Sure, they were all chatty and all, but without Daisy - everything felt empty.

About three hours into the train ride, I couldn't help but excuse myself, and start searching every single cart. Anything to see if she was okay.

From the front, to the back, but I didn't see her. She wasn't in the seventh year carts, nor the sixth, or fifth, or fourth, or third, or second, or third. Daisy was like a ghost.

Pansy had also tried lookin g, but no one knew where she was or where she could be. It was worrying.

Even when the train ride ended, we didn't see her. It had me wondering if she even came back to Hogwarts after all. I wouldn't, but she probably had to since it was our last year. Plus, no one else knew about the bet beyond the boys.

"She'll be somewhere," Pansy assured us.

"She better be," Mattheo grumbled.

When we entered the Great Hall, we were surprised to see Daisy sitting in her robe at the table. Pansy and Astoria attempted to sit down beside her, but that was the fastest I saw Daisy move to her feet, and sit somewhere else. They grew with confusion.

"What the fuck," Pansy frowned.

I sighed, sitting down beside Alex, glancing at her.

"What the fuck did you do?" he whispered to me.

I looked at him. "I told her about the dare..."

"You what?" he bit loudly. "Are you fucking crazy, Nott?"

"Shh," I hushed, before looking her way again. "She had the right to know, alright. She was digging herself a hole."

"I hope she hates you too," Alex groaned.

I sighed. "She does."

~

"Daisy!" I called, rushing after her after dinner. "Daisy, wait!"

She didn't wait. She kept walking, ignoring me as much as possible; but I eventually caught up.

"Daisy, stop," I called, grabbing her arm

She sighed, stopping, before suddenly plucking her arm away. "Leave me alone, Theodore."

"Daisy, please. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want him to take that bet. I tried to stop him!"

She started laughing, before finally looking up at me. "Yeah? You tried to avoid something that you did yourself?"

I sighed. "I was young and nai-"

"But still you knew," she chuckled. "You never told me. Instead you fucked me, and kissed me, and cheated on your girlfriend with me. You're not any better, Theodore!"

"Daisy, I know," I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm a bad person, but please believe me. I never wanted to hurt you-"

"But you did!" she yelled. "You did hurt me."

I sighed. Fucking hell Theodore. You're fucking stupid.

"Let me change your mind-"

"I don't want anything to do with you!" she yelled. Her eyes wondered passed me then she scoffed. "Not with you, or any of your fucking friends."

I turned around, seeing Alex standing in the hall, looking at us.

"Fuck you."

When I turned around, Daisy was already across the hallway, and on her way into the common room.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Fucking hell, Nott."

I glared at Alex, and for the first time ever, I saw sorrow in his eyes.

"She really did like you, and you fucked up."

"Leave it," I bit. "She hates me. It's over."

"I'm sure it's not," he assured me. "She'll ease back in."

He walked passed me into the common room, and when we entered he sighed.

"You shouldn't have slept with her. That was a mistake, Nott. You should have known better."

"Well Daisy feels the same way," I sighed. "She'd rather die than fuck me again..."

"What the fuck did you just say?" Mattheo roared at me.

Fuck.