fourteen

Song: Hotel - Montell Fish

~

Theo Nott

Saturday

"We're short two," Alex said as Pansy groaned, stretching out on his bed.

"Where's Mattheo and Daisy?" I asked, looking around the room.

Just then, as if perfectly on time, the door opened, and Mattheo entered. All with a giggling Daisy behind him. Refraze- not giggling. She was laughing hysterically. Mattheo closed the door behind her, while he held her hand.

"And you've been?"

"Drinking," Daisy laughed, suddenly leaping forward.

Mattheo wrapped his arms around her torso before she could fall over, and pulled her back.

"She's drunk," I caught myself say in disbelief.

Pansy groaned again from the bed.

"Well have you seen how much she's drunken," Alex laughed.

"Where were you two?" I asked Mattheo as he helped her to his own bed. "It's two a.m."

"We were outside that old boys' lavatory in the window sills. Don't worry, didn't fuck her."

"The fuck?" I bit as he turned around, facing me.

"I'm just saying, Theodore. You know, to keep you sane."

Alex sighed. "Come on guys, don't. Not now."

"Funny," Mattheo chuckled. "Just five hours ago, you two wanted to pick a fight. Where's Beth at, by the way?"

I knew what he was doing. He was pissing me the fuck off.

"Prefects wouldn't let us bring her into the common room," I said, looking passed Mattheo at Daisy. "Is she alright?"

"Won't remember anything in the morning," he said, walking passed me.

Daisy shifted in the bed, groaning lightly as she did.

"She's fine," Mattheo said, walking passed me with a blanket he then covered her with.

"Looks like we're bunking on the floor," Alex said, patting Mattheos back.

-----

Sunday

"Mystery what?" Pansy asked Daisy as they dropped down onto the benches in the Great Hall.

"Shh," Daisy smiled, before tucking her lose hair behind her ear.

"Hey," Mattheo whispered beside Daisy.

He placed his hand on her back, before nearing her ear, whispering something. Her smile grew, and she giggled.

Pansy grinned. "Mystery solved."

"What?" I asked her as she dished her and Daisy some sandwiches.

"Daisy has a mystery kisser from last night," she said, making me look at Mattheo and Daisy as she smiled, taking a bite from a sandwich. "I think I solved the mystery part of that sentence."

"How are you two fine?" Draco groaned.

Pansy smiled, looking at him. "I'm great in Potions. Ask me that again."

"You've got a hangover cure?" Alex asked in semi-alert.

Pansy grinned. "Sorry, we finished it. And I don't have all the ingredients to make more..."

"Bullshit," Draco groaned.

Pansy took a bite from her sandwich, before tapping Daisy's arm, getting her attention.

"We're going to the lake later. You joining?"

"We are?" I questioned.

She glared at me. "I haven't had a cigarette in nearly a day. I'm ganna for with or without you guys."

"I'll come," Daisy nodded.

Pansy smiled. "Great."

~

"Don't be so fucking anti-social," Pansy bit, before hitting me on the back of the head with a book.

I groaned, looking up at her as she walked down the courtyard stairs.

"Where you going?" I asked her.

She looked back at me. "To get a smoke. Daisy's not coming with anymore."

She continued walking down the stairs, and towards the lake. I think I fled to my feet too fast, but I went back into the corridors.

"Findo," I whispered, before suddenly feeling the strong smell of vanilla. Daisy's perfume...

I followed it, as if a trail, and suddenly found myself wondering towards the greenhouses. I didn't slow down until I walked in between them.

"Mister Nott?"

I turned to see Professor Sprout, a soft smile on her lips.

"Professor," I greeted, more worried she'd question why I was there, than actually being friendly.

She smiled. "Daisy's in the last greenhouse," she smiled, before turning around, and walking away.

That sly... alright then.

I stepped into the last greenhouse, and noticed a blonde high ponytail behind some racks filled with overcrowded plants.

As silently as possible, I walked towards her, hearing her hum a song, while snipping a plant. The blades weren't really quiet.

"Your footsteps are loud," she said, suddenly making me freeze. "So is your breathing."

I sighed, just when she turned around, a smile spread on her lips.

"Heard you were, uh, ditching the others."

"Why'd you look for me?" she asked, turning back to put down a very small pair of scissors.

I shrugged, leaning against one of the counters while she stepped in front of me, leaning against another.

"Thought you'd want company."

She giggled lightly. "Company? I prefer my own."

I jokingly hit my chest with my hand. "Ouch," I joked, making her laugh.

She tucked some hair behind her ear, before crossing her arms. "How's your head?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't really have a hangover, surprisingly. I didn't drink much."

Daisy scoffed. "Please. Everyone drank a lot."

"Clearly not enough," I grinned.

She sighed, looking at the door before suddenly smiling. My eyes moved to what had her attention, and to my surprise it was Mattheo.

"Thought you went to smoke..." Mattheo said as he leaned against the greenhouse door frame.

I shrugged. "Out of cigarettes," I lied.

"Ready?" Mattheo asked, looking at Daisy.

"Ready for what?" I frowned, looking at her.

She smiled. "I'm behind on some work. He's willing to help me catch up." She picked up her bag from the floor, before giving me a soft smile. "I'll see you later, Theo."

Then she walked out, with Mattheo following after her.

Fucket.