twenty-six

Song: In My Room - Chance Peña
~

Daisy White

Tuesday

"Hey guys," I smiled softly as I sat down onto the grass. "Where's Mattheo?"

"Thought he was with you?" Draco frowned, taking a drag from his cigarette.

I shook my head lightly. "No, no he's not. I thought he was here."

"Looking for him?" Alex asked, a grin on his lips.

I shook my head lightly, a smile spread on my lips. "Funny, Alex."

"Oh but you're cute together," he admitted. "So adorable."

I hid my face in my hands, making him laugh.

"Wait, so you two are officially together-together?" Draco asked.

I looked at him. "I don't... I don't know. I think so-"

"Wait," Alex interrupted. "He hasn't asked you out yet?" he asked in surprise.

I gave a light shrug. "No. Not officially I mean..."

"Wuss," Theo scoffed.

I glanced at him, seeing him take a drag from his cigarette, not meeting my eyes.

"He's got to man up," Alex groaned. "I mean you're one of a kind. He's gotta step up before someone else wants you."

I don't know why, but I looked at Theo, who glanced at me, but immediately broke the eye contact, looking down at his cigarette.

"I don't think someone will," I said, looking at Alex again. "And why would I care anyways? I really like Mattheo."

Draco looked at me, hiding a smile. "So you'll say yes if he asks you out?" He looked at Alex, who also had a smile hiding.

I nodded lightly. "I will, yes."

Theo's eyes glanced at me once again, before down at the cigarette. He killed it against the grass, before flicking it away.

"Right. I'm ganna go," he said, standing up.

Then he tucked his hands into his pants pockets, before looking down at me, while walking passed.

"New skirt?" Alex asked, making me look at him.

I shook my head, a small smile on my lips. "No. An old skirt actually. Came from Pansy's closet."

She let me wore this leather skirt she had tucked in the back of her closet. I liked it, and I was ganna steal it.

"Suits you," Draco pointed out.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Hello gorgeous."

I looked up, seeing Mattheo towered over me. I smiled, and suddenly got surprised when he bent down, his lips pressing against mine. He then sat down beside me, lighting a cigarette.

"Where's Nott off to?" he asked, before taking a drag.

"Merlin knows," Draco shrugged. "Probably off to Beth or someth-"

"No," Alex interrupted, making us all look at him. "No. Apparently he and Beth broke up, last night."

My eyes widened. "What?"

I remembered seeing her the previous night, but she seemed alright. Smiling at me when I passed her. Was it because I sat with Theo? Or maybe because we spoke much? He never spoke to any other girl as much.

"Bout time," Draco stated. "They lasted longer than they should've-"

Suddenly Alex kicked Draco, making him frown. I knew why. They didn't want me asking questions. They didn't want me to wonder.

"I know," I said, adjusting next to Mattheo, moving an inch closer to him. "Beth told me."

"She knows?" Alex asked in shock, his face liting with surprise.

I gave a shrug, feeling Mattheo's hand behind me. "She's always known."

"So he's been getting played?" Draco laughed.

Merlin but he was a moran. They have no sympathy for one another.

"No," I stated, turning down the volume of his laughter. "She liked being with him. She just never fell in love."

"Wait, Daisy... Thats not what-"

"I know he just had to make her fall in love. Don't know what for, but it didn't work anyways."

"Bastard," Draco laughed again.

"It's not supposed to be funny," I bit. "It's rude."

"It's not rude, Daisy. It's supposed to be fun-"

"And what if she did fall in love, huh?" I asked, looking at Draco. "What I'd after a while she did fall head over heels for him, and he left her? Admitted that she was just used for your amusement? That's shallow. Would her heartbreak be funny?"

They fell silent.

"And the rumors spreading around school that you guys put bets on girls? Who'd want to fuck you then? Who'd want to date you then? Was it the same with Astoria?" I asked, looking at Draco.

He lit with wide eyes. "No, no! She's not- I'd never do that with her!"

I looked at him blankly. "Okay," I said softly," before looking down at the grass.

I knew the boys were looking at each other awaiting what I'd say next; but I didn't say anything. I sat in silence.

"Right," Alex said, killing his cigarette, before throwing it away. "I'm off."

"Me too," Draco said, clearing his throat. "See you guys," he said as he followed Alex to his feet, before walking off after him.

For a second I sat in silence, then I couldn't anymore. I burst into laughter. Mattheo leaned back a bit in confusion, looking at me.

"Draco's such a hypocrite," I laughed.

He grew a smile. "And you're laughing?" he questioned.

I looked at him, a smile on my lips. "Merlin, he's stupid," I laughed.

I stood up, and looked down at Mattheo. "Did you see his face? He was so bloody terrified. Like fuck, what was I ganna do?"

Mattheo looked at me, and for a moment, I just looked at him. He had this gaze that could capture you forever. It was hot, and even better the moment he took a drag from his cigarette, before blowing the smoke out.

"Would you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, and suddenly I fell speechless.

It was so random. So sudden. So heart-freezing.

"Will you?" he asked, as if knowing I was frozen.

"Yes," I smiled, and I knew there was a butterfly in the air. "Yes, yes, yes!"

Next thing I knew, he moved to his feet, sweeping me off of mine and into the air as he held me around my waist. My arms wrapped around his neck.

It was so momental. So sweet. So heart-warming.

"Yes," I said again, before looking down at him, smiles on both our lips.

Then I leaned down, my lips crashing into his. He kissed back, and his arms tightened around me.

I felt myself smile in the kiss.

Finally.