twenty-four

Song: Angel - Toby Mai

Tw⚠︎ smut
~

Daisy White

Monday

"Do you understand that we cannot leave this lightly," McGonagall sighed. "I don't understand how the lot of you ended up in that basement!"

"It was an accident, Profes-"

"It has been locked for years! The key is missing, yet you six managed to get inside without a trace. How would that happen?"

I glanced at Theo, my mind questioning how he lead us into the basement in the first place, and why. He'd get into trouble...

"Can anyone explain?" McGonagall insisted.

Theo opened his bloody mouth. "Ma'am, I-"

"I got lost," I spilled, all eyes moving to me. "I went to my locker, and got lost on my way back, ma'am. They came looking for me, and found me in the basement. I had simply just pushed open the door, and inside found an interest in the potions. It was my fault ma'am. I'm sorry."

She looked clear with disbelief. "And how did you get shut in, Miss White?"

"I stumbled back," Alex jumped in. "The door flew back, ma'am. We tried opening all night, but it wouldn't open."

McGonagall sighed. She looked at Snape, before back at us. "You will have to sit detention after school. Until then, go to class."

She sent us to our dorms, with Snape making sure we leave in time for the third period.

Herbology.

~

The day passed slowly. Half of us were tired and the other were acting as if they weren't.

It was a long day for us all, and by the end of the last period, we were ready for a long afternoon nap.

Yet we were unable to have one.

The six of us were in Snape's classroom, awaiting our five hour detention.

"This is fucked," Draco groaned, throwing a paper plane across the room.

Mattheo sat on the floor near Snape's desk, drawing in some book. Theo sat at the window with Draco standing against the sill. Pansy and I sat beside each other on tables against walls. Alex sat on the floor against the table I sat on.

Finally the door flew open, and Snape entered. We didn't move.

"You'll be devided into classrooms. Each one cleans one."

"Alone?" Pansy asked in disbelief.

Snape glared at her. "Yes."

"Fuck," Alex groaned.

"I want each place as clean as possible by the time detention is over. Got it?"

"Yes, Professor," I said, getting off the table.

~

After half an hour, I felt exhausted. We were indeed split into our own classroom to clean. Crazy enough, these rooms were in a wing that hasn't been used since probably our parents' times.

I sat on a table, reading through an old book. Something about plants.

Suddenly, the door got shoved open, and Mattheo snuck inside. I shot to my feet before he shut it behind him as quietly as possible.

"Mattheo?" I questioned, placing the book down, before walking to him in confusion. "What are you do-"

He grabbed me by the waist, suddenly pulling me against him, leaving me speechless. I looked at him blankly, while he looked down at me with a soft smile.