| 57 |

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

ㄒ卄乇 ㄒㄖ爪卂几 ㄒ尺卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

[The Ballad of Betrayal]

Your eyes felt heavy as you stared up into the eyes of Takemichi, the blonde male's tear fell down his cheeks, landing against your own. His hands pressed against the wound, trying to block anymore blood from leaving your body, but it did no good as the red liquid spilled between his fingers.

"Hang on, okay?! The ambulance is coming!" Takemichi said, his own tears making him choke over his words, trying to reassure himself that everything was going to be okay, that he wasn't going to watch you die.

Your lips parted as you coughed out blood, oozing down the side of your cheek towards the ground, joining the puddle which had formed under you. Takemichi frantically looked around, seeing the faces of all his friends standing together, watching with wide eyes as he tried to keep you awake for the ambulance's arrival.

Hanma stood frozen in his place, gun still gripped tightly in his hand, his body trembling as his knees gave out of him, body falling to the ground beneath him. Tears formed in his eyes, heart shattering as the sound around him faded out into silence.

His stomach clenched at the sight of blood pooling around your body, at the sight of Takemichi hunched over your body, at the sight of Mikey... Just standing there in silence, doing nothing but watching as Takemichi pulled the top half of your body up onto his lap.

There was a certain amount of guilt bubbling up inside of him. Guilty that he had followed Kisaki instead of you, knowing that if he wouldn't have done that, things would have been different right now. You would be standing next to him, instead of lying on the ground, choking on your own blood as you struggled to breathe.

And while there was a part of him that felt guilty, the unconstrained anger he held inside of him was much stronger. The anger he felt towards you when you left the apartment that day, leaving to go stay with someone you had only known for a few months. Angry that you were so determined to complete your plan, that you were always so focused on destroying your old life, that you wouldn't stop and really appreciate the new life he had been providing you with.

Hanma's gaze zoned in on you, the way your lashes fluttered under the pressure of keeping them open, tears falling down your cheeks as you weakly smiled up at Takemichi.

Your vision was becoming worse, blurring with every passing second, a gargled laugh escaped past your lips, blood sputtering up into the air before falling back onto your face.