CHAPTER 7

Isabella's POV

Telling the cabman to wait for me, I climb down from the cab in a hurry and dash into the house.

I am overwhelmed by what has happened to me today but I don't want to give it much thought until after the surgery is done.

Grandma and I could barely sleep last night because of the severe pain she was feeling.

The medications she usually takes to deduce the pain were finished and I was waiting for my next salary to buy her another.

I was already thinking of giving my boss's offer a chance because of how much she was in pain. But something kept holding me back and now I don't know how it happened.

Suddenly, I have become $50,000 richer in just a matter of seconds.

When I enter the small living room, grandma isn't there sitting on her cane chair, watching old movies on our TV, I hear whimpers instead coming from her room.

Without hesitation, I hurry into the room to see her writhing in pain on the bed. Before I left for work this morning, she was still sleeping and I made breakfast for her, dropping it beside her bed, thinking the pain will be gone by the time she is awake.

But from the look of things, grandma hasn't been up since I left home. It's been two hours already since I left for work and I wonder if she is just waking up.

"Bella?" She calls, making an effort to get up and suck in the pain. She knows how much and how desperate I have been looking for ways to get the money for her surgery and she keeps telling me to be patient and that God is faithful.

God will perform wonders, she used to say and I know she usually tells me this so I won't end up doing the wrong thing just for her to survive and leave the pain behind.

Now that I think of it and I think of what I have done which has provided me with twice the money we would be needing for the surgery, I ask myself if this is the blessing that grandma has been prophesying or a mistake from my end.

I rush to her. She smiles sadly.

"Why are you here?" Her voice is breaking as she tries so hard to talk normally.

I am chiding myself not to cry for ing at the sight before me. She looks miserable and in pain.

What I have done might be the greatest mistake of my life but I am willing to go through with it now that there is hope that Grandma can get healed from this pain.

I can feel the pain. I am also in pain for not being able to do anything to help.

"I am here to take you to the hospital", I inform her, thinking of what to tell her after the surgery is done and I am left to get married to my boss. I didn't even ask my boss when he wanted the wedding to be.

I was too excited to ask that. I was bent on coming home to take grandma to the hospital.

"Hospital?" She winces in pain as I cup her cheeks, pecking her forehead. "Have you gotten the money?" Her voice is extremely low now.

We should get going, my subconscious says.

"Yes, Grandma. Let's go, please. There is a cab waiting outside for us", I tell her.

Just then, I hear a horn coming from outside and I haul her up with her body resting on me and her arms around me.

She has many questions to ask me about where I got the money from and from who but it will be a later discussion because she can barely find her voice as we make our way out of her room and the house slowly.