CHAPTER 21

Isabella's POV

After knocking for several minutes without a response, I conclude that Grandma isn't home.

She must have gone somewhere but I am baffled by her absence at home because it is still early in the morning.

Now that her legs are healed, I am sure she is going to go back to her former work or look for another. Grandma isn't the type to stay at home, she is hardworking and that added to her sorrow when she was still unable to use her legs.

She complains a lot about the pain but the complaints about not being able to leave the house on her own were more.

I wanted her to get her life back. The pain too was an addition. It was enough reason for me to look for a fast solution to it. I wanted to get rid of it. Get rid of anything that will hinder us from being happy.

We didn't have enough money before she lost her legs but we were living a happy life. When she lost her legs, Grandma became a shadow of herself and the happiness was short-lived. 

Sometimes, I used to think that she was always pretending to be happy for me. Just so I can be happy too. But I realize Grandma is a happy woman and she always tries to make herself happy no matter the situation.

If we are to look at what life has thrown our way, happiness will never be a thing to consider.

Now that we have money, we are still not happy. Money was the major reason why Grandma was sad sometimes because that was the only thing stopping her from getting her legs back.

The money is here now but the happiness is gone.

Why does it have to be this way? Isn't Jayden happy? What of other billionaires? Aren't these wealthy people happy too? Didn't they say money can do all things and solve all earthly problems?

It is apparent that Jayden, my day-old husband, is not a happy man and I am yet to figure out why.

He looks broken. This is something I have never noticed in him. When I was his secretary, I always thought he was harsh on purpose. Harsh and arrogant because he wanted things to be done his way as the Chief Executive Officer but now I know better.

Jayden isn't harsh on purpose.

He is not a happy man. He is nothing but a broken shell.

How can a man get married to a woman and insist on not having any strings attached if there is nothing more to it?

I didn't have any cause to worry about this but now that I think of it, I have a feeling that it is abnormal and beyond the ordinary.

This isn't about his work. 

I am not thinking of sex because I want to have sex with him, I am just curious to know what is happening and why this marriage happened.