CHAPTER 66

Italy, VERONA CITY

Isabella's POV

Alejandro was there to welcome me immediately after I deplaned and got my suitcase.

He was there with two hefty bodyguards who don't speak English at all but have sunshades on to hide their eye colors.

He was holding a crafted paper that had my name on it. The moment I saw the name, my heart swells with joy.

He was grinning from ear to ear and it is obvious that he is extremely glad that I stuck to my promise. I am also happy to be finally here.

I didn't bother to ask Jayden to come with me anymore because I know he is busy and since he rejected the offer the other day I asked if we could go together.

I hope to enjoy my stay here, even though I miss home already.

Alexandro pulls me into a tight hug while his men take my suitcase.

"La moglie del mio amico è qu", he mutters before releasing me while I pout.

"What does that word mean?" I ask out of curiosity with a big grin on my face.

"My friend's wife is here!" He spread his arms out wide as he translated the sentence for me and I laugh. Not because of how ridiculous he looks right now but because of how he called me his friend's wife.

If only he knew!

I am so sure that Alejandro will be highly disappointed when Jayden and I get divorced and we tell him the truth about our union. It will be hard for him to believe because he likes me for Jayden, apparently.

Almost all the people I have met who know Jayden's relationship with Helena like me, except of course his Mother. It might probably be because they think I am the one who is meant to heal his broken heart or because they think Jayden will eventually find the happiness he deserves by being with me since we claim to love each other.

I know if I had a brother and he has a wife who makes him happy, I would definitely love her.

He entwines my hand with his and turns round. "Let's get you home."

"Home?" I ask, wondering what he means by that as I follow him slowly like a puppet.

"Yes, aren't you exhausted from your trip?" He questions with a raised brow.

"Well, yes. I am jet-lagged…"

"I already made a hotel reservation for you close to the Villa. I want you to freshen up, eat something, take a rest and I will come to get you later tonight."

"Ok?"

Silence falls till we get to the huge car. I click my tongue in amazement while the bodyguards open the door for us. Like a gentleman, Alejandro helps me into the car before climbing in beside me and the car roars to life immediately.