CHAPTER 26

Isabella's POV

I stir in my sleep, my hands flying to my eyes as I rub them before sitting up, remembering that I have to go to Grandma's place before meeting up with Anna for the shopping.

I glance around to see that Jayden isn't in bed and I furrow my brows, trying to think of where he must have gone.

Did he even spend the night here? I remember waking up to take a pee before heading back to bed but I didn't notice him in bed.

He said he was going to be out for a few minutes but he didn't come back. 

I yawn loudly, stretching and stepping down from the bed, my eye darting to the huge wall clock.

It is just 7 in the morning and I am sure Jayden has gone to work already. 7 am is our resumption time and he usually arrives at work before 7 am. 

I am really curious to know if he came in here last night or not. I rush towards the bathroom and pull it open, venturing in to see how dry everywhere is.

If Jayden had come in here to take a bath before going to work, the bathroom won't be this dry.

This means he hasn't been home since last night when he left me sitting with my question unanswered. 

Where can he be? Is he the promiscuous type who is pretending to be a saint?

This is the only explanation I can give for his absence from home on the second night of our wedding. He didn't even tell me where he was going and he didn't make it look like he won't spend the night here.

What rubbish?! I hiss angrily before storming back to the room, cursing beneath my breath. 

I flop heavily into the couch, propping my hand over my head and thinking about my life.

It is just three days and I am already bored to death. Is this what I was employed for? Sleeping and waking up to meet my husband's absence and worrying myself to death with no job to take my mind off my trouble?

I remember talking to myself last night about a new hobby so I stand up quickly, trying to make my way out when I spot a door in the bedroom. I never knew there was another door in here and I wonder just how many rooms are in this mansion altogether.

With curiosity, I find myself walking towards the small door. The door isn't noticeable because it is located on the left side of the bedroom door and it is small.

I touch the doorknob and it turns. My heart begins to jump in excitement about what I will find out. I can be inquisitive when I want to and since Jayden isn't ready to answer my questions, I can as well find the answers myself.

I step into the room, glancing around, and disappointment washes through me instantly when I see nothing but books.

I am expecting something more. Like what? I don't even know.

Instead of turning back, I find myself closing the door and venturing in. The room is empty except for two bookshelves and a desk with two chairs.

I will have come to the conclusion that this is Jayden's home office but it isn't fit to be his office. First; it is way too small and the bookshelf is full of books unrelated to work. It looks like this is a place where he dumps whatever book he buys.

I don't know that Jayden reads books. He doesn't look like one who reads books. Impulsively, I raise my hand to pick up a book from the shelf.

I gasp in surprise, my heart swelling with joy when I see the type of book it is.