CHAPTER 15

Isabella's POV

The moment Grandma turns off the Television set to cut me short the movie program I am engrossed in while chewing on the homemade popcorn I prepared this morning, I know it is high time we spoke.

"Bella", she calls, dropping the remote control on the small stool beside her and turning to me.

I chew on the remaining popcorn in my mouth and drop the bowl before facing her with a guilty look.

"I want you to tell me what is happening and why you are getting married", she goes straight to the point without beating about the bush.

Feigning confusion with my forehead furrowed, I shake my head. "Why am I getting married? I thought we have talked about this already?"

"Yes, we did but I am still not fully convinced with all you told me", she declares openly, watching me intently for something to hold on to. Probably a flash of guilt. Or breaking down in tears and confessing my sins to her.

But what will any of this do? What good will it bring? Nothing. Absolute nothing. Instead, it will make this issue all the more complicated.

First, Jayden will never let me out of this contract unless it is done and that is after a year.

Secondly, I really want to do this. After the fight with Juliet, I am more than convinced that this is for me and that this is an opportunity that I need to make use of to the best of my ability. I also want to prove a point to Juliet. She betrayed my trust. She betrayed me.

Thirdly, Grandma would never support me. She would never let me do this because of her and this is the most complicated aspect. 

Jayden won't let me break this off and Grandma won't let me go ahead with it.

This is the more reason why I should still keep it away from her. She doesn't need to know the truth yet. 

After a year, I am going to tell her the truth and plead for her forgiveness. Besides, we would be doing just fine by then. I will get a mart and get her something to do too. It will no longer be a problem because we will both be wealthy by then.

"I told you we fell in love. Aren't two people who are heads over heels in love with each other get married? Nothing should stop them from taking that bold step as long as it has been affirmed by the two of them that they want forever with each other", I find myself saying to her and it's unbelievable.

I do not know where the courage and confidence came from but I am determined to make sure this marriage happens and Grandma knows nothing about what I am hiding until it's done.

Silence creeps in.

She is still watching me. After a while, she leans backward and I avert my gaze from her, already tired of the pretense.

"You love each other, right?" She asks me again as if to be sure or use it as evidence in case something happens in the future.