CHAPTER 68

Jayden's POV

Bella's fashion house is boldly written in front of the transparent door leading to the beautiful fashion house.

A sense of fulfillment fills me up and I feel the sudden need to talk to her.

Isn't it high time I swallow my ego and call her? It's been a week already and I won't deny that I miss her.

The thought of coming back from work every day for the past 7 days now to meet the absence of someone I have already gotten used to makes me miss her more.

It has always been like an inconvenience having her around in my room, when I am eating, sleeping, or bathing but now I don't even care about going to the bathroom with a towel tightly wrapped around me.

I haven't called her. All I did on the day she arrived was to text her.

I waited impatiently for her reply which came very late in the night but I still couldn't bring myself to call her.

Instead, I called Alejandro who attacked me for not coming along with my bride. I couldn't ask about Isabella in order not to arouse suspicion.

This gift in front of me is supposed to come a month before our contract will expire but I have been spending these past few days getting things together for her to come back home to something as amazing as this.

This is her dream and this is what I promised myself. Helping her to achieve her dreams while she helped me achieve my goals too.

She deserves this and more.

She hasn't really said much to me about her dreams of having a fashion house but I could read it all in her eyes. She lacked the capital to give such a huge business a try but it is what she had always wished for.

It makes me smile. And proud of myself. 

I really can not wait for her arrival. Just yesterday, I was blaming myself for granting her the permission to stay there for two whole weeks instead of giving her just a week to be back home.

If it was a week, then she would be home by now and this emptiness in me won't be there.

I know how much void she has filled. She has been nothing but a good friend and I appreciate her for that.

Ever since I spoke to her about Helena, I barely feel the guilt, coupled with the fact that Helena keeps smiling down at me anytime I dream about her.

Isabella told me that Helena would want me to be happy again but I didn't believe her because I felt Helena won't be happy whenever she is and it will be unfair for me to be happy when I caused it all.

But Helena's constant smile which is in contrast to the initial screams and anger on her face puzzles me.

It is giving me the sense that Isabella might be right and I ought to be happy again.