CHAPTER 87

Jayden's POV

What is left is the dust.

I watch the car screech away with speed and Isabella going away from my life forever.

"Shit!" I curse and hit my fist in the air, breathless. 

Why didn't I think she would come home? It didn't even cross my mind that she would come over to the mansion. It was the last place I expected her to be.

If only I had come earlier before she got out of the house, maybe I would have been able to convince her.

I asked Gabriel to go home. He is indeed a good friend, having left his pregnant wife alone at home to tender to my own problems of finding my wife because we have no idea how she disappeared.

Now I know my assumptions are wrong. She wasn't kidnapped. She ran off on her own because she couldn't handle the fact that she was pregnant with my child.

"F**k!" I groan and squat to the floor, thinking of what to do.

Suddenly, it clicks. Instead of standing back and watching the cab disappear out of sight, I should do something.

I should follow the cab to know where exactly she is going. Quickly, I turn back to the house but surprisingly, every part of my body is shaking tremendously. 

Is this out of fear or rage? I have no idea.

I can't drive in this state, I say to myself. I might lose control of the wheels because of this overwhelming feeling. 

I rush into the gate, shouting. "Maurice, Andrew, Jude, Daniel!"

They all rush out and I point to Jude. "Follow the cab that came here to pick Isabella up. Find out where it is heading to. Go now!" I instruct with a tone of authority.

He bows and races to the car. The car keys are always in his pocket. I watch him enter, start the car and drive off while we leave the path for him to go out of the gate.

I watch him go before turning to the rest of the guards.

"Daniel, I want you to go over to Isabella's Grandma and find out if they have seen her this evening or if she is there. If she isn't there, do not say a word, just come back."

He bows and runs off.

To the others, I yell. "Follow me!"

Isabella must have come home for her things. If her international passport and visa are missing, then it means she is intending to go out of the country and I won't allow that.

I hurry back inside the house, trying so hard to control my nerves as the other two guards follow me at the same pace.