CHAPTER 59

Jayden's POV

The silent ride home gives me enough time to think about everything that is happening and what just happened between Mother and me before she went home with her driver.

I haven't said a single word to Jude since I climbed into the car and he began to drive me home. But I have to tell him to wait for me to take a quick shower and change into something light so he can drive me to where Gabriel and I will be meeting.

I have been avoiding Isabella and sometimes I sleep in my office while other times, I sleep on the sofa.

Things have been really awkward between us ever since that day. I have been trying not to let it get into the way of our new friendship but it is getting in the way. I can't just pretend the kiss didn't happen. 

I find it very hard to sleep on the same bed with her too, for fear that I would lose my cool and act on impulse. I had no idea what came over me that day. Maybe it was because she looked like Helena that day and she reminded me of Helena, the way she was dancing all around in my shirt and nothing else but a bum short.

It felt familiar. And surprisingly I was happy. It was just as if Helena was there. Right there and I was fucking happy like I haven't been in two years.

Maybe that was why I kissed her. I was out of my senses.

Isabella tried to bring it up but I stopped her. She tried to strike up a conversation with me on our way back but I enjoyed the silence better so I ignored her till we got home.

She has been playing a great part in ignoring me too and it hurts like hell. I don't know what she thinks of me now. I already promised to do everything within my power not to hurt or mistreat but here I am ignoring her like a piece of shit.

I can't just help it. I don't want to do something I would regret. Isabella deserves someone better. Not a broken man like me who doesn't know what he wants and who is incapable of loving a woman.

She deserves a man who can't love her with everything in him. Passionately and purely.

I am not the one for her and she knows it. I just don't know why she didn't push me away when I kissed her. If she had pushed me away then we would have tagged everything as a mistake but she didn't push me away. It seems she enjoyed it too just like I did.

F**k! I groan inwardly as the car comes to a stop in front of the gate which opens automatically before he drives in.

He parks the car in the driveway and climbs down to open the car for me.

"Wait up, I will be out in a jiffy", I say to him as I get down from the car with my briefcase. He nods so I stroll to the front door.

Gabriel must be waiting for me already. He said he doesn't want us to be out for too long so he could get home right on time for Sabrina to be done with the outing with her friends.

I rush towards the staircase when I am inside, thinking of what casual wear to put on, even though it is based on a business outing.