CHAPTER 13

Isabella's POV

Music blasts from the in-house where Juliet works part-time and I stroll in, shrugging off my tote bag and glancing around for her in the bar.

There is a low-class club attached to the back of the bar and Juliet works inside mostly. She is charged with the duty of offering drinks to the clients inside the clubhouse.

Not finding her in here, I know she must be inside the clubhouse, probably trying to persuade one of the men for a tip.

My emotions are all over the place and I am trying so hard to calm myself down and search for a reasonable excuse for her actions.

There is no excuse for what she did. No excuse for not informing me beforehand.

I didn't tell her about my decision to become Jayden's wife over the phone because I wanted us to meet in person before telling her.

She convinced me to give it a try and I wanted to see the proud smile on her face after revealing my decision to give it a try to her. 

To give being a billionaire's wife a try. For just a year.

But now, she has ruined it all. 

She went behind my back to see Jayden after I informed her that I won't be going to work today and I would tell her the reason when we meet.

What was she thinking? 

After I told her, there would be no sex involved, she showed her disinterest and I never thought she would want to give such a thing a try. If she had continued to show interest, I would have helped her convince my boss instead since I didn't like the idea initially.

But now, I like the idea. In fact, I love the idea.

I have been given a taste of wealth and I am not letting go for anything in the world. Not even Grandma can dissuade me from going ahead with this.

Someone bumps into me, an offensive stench attacking my nostril as he offers a low-tone apology before sauntering again, leaving me struggling with my bag which almost fell off my hand.

Juliet knows how much I hate coming to this place. This was where I met Frederick who was offering me the opportunity to become his mistress as he called it but I called it slut.

Frederick frequents here and he is the richest of all here. I wonder why he patronizes low-class clubs like this.

I drape the jingling curtains aside and enter the club, the music louder than before.

I scan the entire place, for the sight of Juliet but she is nowhere to be found. I take a step forward, muttering curse words to myself.

I need to find her as soon as possible and get the hell out of here. I need to ask her some questions and give her a piece of my mind.

She didn't just try to get Jayden from me, she also spilled the beans concerning everything I told her about him.

What type of friend does that?

I am furious with her and I won't be calm until I gave her a piece of my mind, then we can continue with our friendship.

"Hey", someone calls from across the room, waving at me with a light smile on her face.

Juliet. My best friend. The only girl who taught me a lot of things about men that I know nothing about. My partner in crime. My confident counselor.

I approach her, my face without a smile. I can't possibly fake a smile when it isn't from the depth of my heart.

I have never been faced with a situation like this before. I don't have to pretend. I don't like it. Most especially, faking a smile that isn't genuine.