CHAPTER 22

Jayden's POV

When I got to work this morning, I was met with a bunch of reporters, waiting to interview me about my so-called quiet wedding.

I was questioned about why it wasn't an elaborate one with dignitaries from all over the world and what would change now that I am a married man.

If I had the power to ignore all the questions, I would have done that but to avoid arousing suspicions and to avoid letting them form up a story, I answered calmly but when the questions were becoming too much, I excused myself. 

This is the type of life I am living. Having to stick to everything social and making up things and appearances to please the public. 

This is what it takes to be the sole heir to my father's multi-million dollar company in addition to mine. This is what it takes to be a billionaire.

Now that I am married, I am open to a lot of business deals. I know they will surely come in.

I am married now and considered responsible even though I was questioned on why I had to resume work on the second day of my marriage to Isabella.

I work on Sundays too and I see no reason why I should take this Sunday off because I just got married.

One of the reporters was persistent and she was desperate for me to answer the reason why I am not touring the world with my wife in the name of my honeymoon.

That question almost pissed me off. 

First, they were asking me if things will change now that I am married and then asked why I am not on a honeymoon.

If I go on a honeymoon, then things would change and I am not in for any negative changes in my life.

The changes I know they are demanding are the changes that will come with being late to work because I now have a wife, and not being present in the office at all times.

I was tempted to shout at them to let me be.

I received a call from Gabriel after going into the office and he demanded to see me. He sounded serious and I know it must have to do with the business proposal he once spoke to me about.

We planned to meet here. 

At Gray's Club.

If he had invited me to the billionaire's club, I would have declined the invitation and probably asked him to come to my house instead.

I spot Gabriel waving at me from the VIP section and I move there. 

This will be the second time I will be coming to this club. The first was with Gabriel too.

"Hey, buddy", he stands up and we shake hands. There is a lady in front of him keeping him company and I roll my eyes at him.