CHAPTER 39

Jayden's POV

Isabella's hands are balled into a fist out of nervousness the moment the car halts in front of the big restaurant where we will be having dinner with Alejandro.

He couldn't meet up with the 2 pm appointment and he called this evening for us to meet at this Italian restaurant with my wife.

I feel this is a way to introduce them to each other. Alejandro is a friend and is one of those who wanted me to get married. He tried to matchmake me with his sister but I told him I wasn't interested even before we could meet.

Now that he is interested in seeing Isabella, I want him to be impressed and I tried to tell Isabella that I want her to wear something nice.

I couldn't because I felt remorseful for what I did to her at the poolside. We haven't said a single word to each other since I left her at the poolside and I have a feeling she is mad at me.

She doesn't look mad but I know she is. She is used to pretending not to be angry even while we were working together. 

How can she show it to her boss if she is mad at him without getting fired?

Well, she didn't disappoint me with her dress. She is wearing a ruffled lavender long gown. It looks simple and classic and I love the dress.

I can't see her shoes because the gown is long enough to cover her feet but her hair is down and she is wearing silver earrings.

"We are here, sir", Jude informs me, staring at me from the rear mirror.

I hear Isabella puff out air instantly and I touch her balled fist. She stiffens.

"Be calm, ok?" I say to her and after a moment, she nods without looking at me.

"Alejandro is a distant friend, just act normal, ok?" She nods again.

I let out a sigh myself, looking out of the window without going out. Isabella is really going through a lot, having to pretend all the time whenever we are in public or she is about to meet someone.

She tries to take her hand away from mine and I realize my hand is still on hers. I turn to her. "I'm sorry, too."

She nods vigorously. "It's fine, it's fine, please", she waves me away after letting go of her hand. "Jude, please open the car door for me."

Jude nods and comes down from the car to open the door by her side. She steps out and I open the other door myself to climb down from the car.

I am wearing a slightly grey slim-fit suit and brown Tomasso Italian leather shoes. I step forward and go to the other side to meet up with Isabella.

I flash her a smile and she nods instead of reciprocating. I can still see how nervous she is and that smile is meant to ease her nervousness.