CHAPTER 81

Jayden's POV

Just before I can stand up to my feet to go out, a knock comes on the door.

I look up from where I am sitting, wondering who it is after I had told the maids not to disturb me. 

This is my quiet time ever since Isabella left the house. I haven't been able to bring myself to go and apologize, all I have been doing is sticking around to make sure she is still in her Grandma's place.

I really do not know why I have this strange feeling that she would go and meet Romeo wherever he is to accept him back in her life. I am supposed to be happy that at least she will be happy to have found genuine love somewhere else but I don't feel happy.

I feel miserable. I am miserable.

I am finding it very difficult to let go but I believe it is because I am used to her presence in the house already.

To be honest, I miss her. I f***ing miss everything about her. The way she bites her lips, the smile on her face when I say something funny, the way she looks at me with adorable eyes, the way she shows me concern even when nothing is wrong with me.

I miss everything about her and everything here reminds me of her.

No one noticed her long absence except the maids and none of them could ask me anything about it. Mother hadn't come to the house too since she left, she would have probably asked me where Isabella had gone.

I really hope she comes back to me. 

Even when I begin to think of letting go, the sounds that come out of her mouth and the way she was writhing beneath me during the sex we had for two days make me go crazy with desires.

Right now, I am confused. And indecisive.

Everything hurts like hell. Her remembrance as well as that of Helena. I don't know what Helena wants from me. Isabella said Helena would want me to be happy but she isn't happy seeing me happy.

I don't fucking know what else to do. I don't like how I feel. My desire for Isabella seems to have taken more height. It keeps increasing every single day with her absence from the house.

My member hardens at the instant and another knock comes on the door, jerking me out of my reverie.

"Shit!" I curse beneath my breath as I touch myself to calm the throbbing. "Come in."

The door opens and Gabriel walks in with a light smile on his face. Quickly, I glare at him and turn away.

We haven't seen each other since the other day when we had an argument and he wasn't trying to understand my reasons for doing what I did.

I expected much from him and I guess that was why I was disappointed in him.

I've been alone and miserable for two weeks. Gabriel didn't come to see how I was faring and that made me feel so bad. It makes me pissed to know that he is doing all of this just so I can be with Isabella when he knows what is at stake.

The honor of Helena is at stake here. And my vow.

"Hi, buddy", he greets as he approaches with a smile and not the usual mischievous smirk on his face whenever he comes visiting.

I wonder if Gabriel would be doing this if I had gotten married to the lady his wife got for me. 

Will he be persuading me to become real with her just the way he is doing with Isabella? Or is it because Isabella is different from the rest of the girls? 

"What are you doing here?" I begin to pack up the papers I scattered on the bed to keep me busy while he is here.

I was supposed to work on them, hence the distribution of them all over my bed but I couldn't concentrate.

There is this feeling in me that I can't place. 

A horrible feeling stirred inside of me and brought the presumptions that Isabella might start going out with Romeo soon and that would mean leaving New York, except if Romeo has to come down to New York himself.

I'm sure one of these can happen. Isabella is a fierce lover, I noticed the way she looked straight into my eyes with adoration when we were making love. I should have known that she was already falling head over heels in love with me.

If she loves Romeo, she will give it all it takes and that bunny-looking guy can also come down to New York for her.

I saw how he was looking at her, practically peeling her clothes off with his eyes. There was lust all over his expression.

"Shit!" I groan and shoot up to my feet. I should go and check her in her Grandma's place.

Two days ago when I went there, I still couldn't go inside but her Grandma came out. I don't know how she saw me but I thought I did a good job at hiding myself. She told me to give Isabella time to process everything and I was grateful to her.

Now I don't think I can wait any longer. If she doesn't accept coming back here, then Romeo is really not a good choice.

"Are you going somewhere?" Gabriel stands in the middle of the room awkwardly while I pack all the papers in a hurry to dump them in my briefcase. When I am back from wherever I am going, I will have them sorted out.

"Yes", I only say, dumping some of the papers in my briefcase which is sitting openly on the bed too.

"I came to see you, Jayden…"

"Can we make this some other time?" I cut him short, hoping that he will go and give me the time to go over to Isabella's Grandma's place.

Anytime I have this horrible feeling in me, my mind won't be settled until I confirm that my predictions are wrong. I can't confirm if I am wrong or not by staying here.

I need to go see her. Today. 

We need to talk. Sort things out. 

I should swallow my ego and apologize to her for what I did. That was definitely not the right way to go about it. I should have followed a better approach.

"It's about Isabella", Gabriel informs me and I drop the remaining papers in my hand back on the bed before turning to him quickly. 

****

What about Isabella? What has Isabella done?