CHAPTER 84

Isabella's POV

My eyes flutter open simultaneously with the groan that leaves my mouth. My head is banging and my eyes feel heavy and small.

My body is weak too and I try to raise my hand when someone grabs me.

Grandma's worried-filled expression appears before me. "Isabella!"

I hear gasps from people who move closer. I turn my head slowly to see Safina right beside Grandma, then Gabriel whose arms are entwined with his clingy wife, Sabrina, then Jayden.

Sabrina stares at Jayden and giggles excitedly before turning back to her husband. Jayden throws her a cold glare as a look of embarrassment fills his expression.

Then, he bites his lips.

This is when it all comes rushing. I am in the hospital and I fell unconscious while trying to escape Jayden's grip.

Jayden and I are no longer together and we are not on good terms. 

Why is Sabrina grinning and making him embarrassed? Why is he looking pissed and humiliated? Did Sabrina see me slap him? Or are they taunting him for coming back to me?

What then is he doing here? I don't need his care.

I wrench my hand from Grandma's hold. I don't need anyone's sympathy, definitely not his. I don't want to see him again. Seeing him brings nothing but heartaches and hurt. I don't want to continue wallowing in self-pity. I don't want to leave the rest of the year living his life.

I want my life back. I want to leave everything behind and that won't be easy if I keep seeing him. I want him out of my life.

"What is he doing here?" I point towards him, my gaze not leaving Grandma's.

Grandma follows the direction of my hand and she faces me with a heavy sigh. "He is sorry, Isabella."

"I want him out", I order calmly, my head still banging. 

I don't know why I passed out but I will only be free to ask Grandma what happened if they can excuse me.

Sabrina's giggles are not helping even though she has stopped and there is a serious look on her face. I want them to excuse us. I want to talk to Grandma to be sure I am not ill.

Then, I want to be alone. To plan and re-strategize my life back in shape. I want to think of what to do next with my life and how to get an apartment so I can stop inconveniencing Grandma and Safina.

"Isabella, you should hear him out…"

"No!" My voice comes out hoarse and tears brim in my eyes. "I don't want to see him again. I already told him that I don't want us to ever cross paths again, didn't I?" I am taking all my anger out on Grandma when she isn't even the one responsible for my anger.