CHAPTER 62

Isabella's POV

Grandma wraps her hands around me in a tight, warm hug that forces me to push back the emotions sweeping through me.

It's been a while since I last visited and I miss her so much. She doesn't visit me at all and I understand that she is trying to give me the privacy that I need and deserve as a married woman.

I came to see her and how she is coping with her new maid who she likes talking about over the phone and also to inform her of my upcoming trip to Italy in five days.

I am so excited about it and I wish we could go on this trip together. But I know that won't be possible because I can't afford it and I can't bring myself to ask Jayden to do this as a favor.

I can't ask him for anything that has to do with money. Even if I want to summon up the courage to do that, the fact that I actually got paid before venturing into the business I have with him and his mother's claim that I am in this marriage for the monetary benefits won't allow me.

I have my pride as a woman. 

"How have you been, my baby?" She pulls my cheek playfully and a blush appears on my face, remembering how Grandma used to treat me like a child till I finished high school.

I was her little child and I am happy we have settled our differences.

"I am fine, Grandma", I say with a smile on my face as she leads me away from the door to the couch. I sit on it while she settles on the one next to me.

She continues to watch me for a while until I decide to speak up. "How have you been? Where is this new friend you have been talking to me about?"

"Oh, Safina? She should be in the kitchen. Should I get her for you?" She wants to rise up to go call her maid who happens to be an elderly woman but I stop her.

"Don't worry."

This place is homey and cozy. It has a large sitting room and a spacious kitchen too. There are two bedrooms and I'm sure Safina would be sleeping in the other bedroom.

"How are you, my child?" She finally shows the worry etched on her face. Now I know why she was watching me earlier. She has been persistent with her calls these last few days and I thought she missed me but now I know she is worried about me.

Probably worried because she knows that this marriage isn't out of love. She must think that Jayden is mistreating me.

"I'm doing well, Mother. You have absolutely nothing to worry about'', I assure her with one of my brightest smiles. 

The worry and frown on her face does not disappear, instead, it deepens. "Are you sure?"

I nod quickly. "Of course. I'm fine, why are you worried?" I take a hold of her hands.

She sighs deeply. "I really don't know why but…"