CHAPTER 74

Isabella's POV

I wake up with a groan, wondering why I feel sore and pain all over my body. I twist my body in the bed, my hand flying to the space next to me when it clicks in my head.

I had sex. 

With Jayden. 

Not Romeo. 

Here in Verona.

My eyes widen as the memories of last night's passionate sex come rushing to my head. I remember how I was writhing beneath him, moaning and crying out in pleasure.

What have I done? Where is Jayden?

I sit upright abruptly, looking around to see that I am in the room alone with my clothes away. I am completely naked, except for the comforter wrapped around me as I sit up.

Just before I can scramble out of bed to look around and figure out what was going on, I hear the knock on the door and then water running in the bathroom.

Just then, the door to the bathroom opens and a half-naked Jayden comes out with just a towel draped around his waist. He saunters to the door, without noticing me.

I am just sitting with my mouth agape, thinking about what happened and why I allowed it to happen.

I can't believe I have just sacrificed my virginity as well.

When he opens the door, the person at the door stretches something to him and he takes it before closing the door again.

Then he turns back and our eyes meet.

My gaze falls to what he is holding and I realize it is our bedspread from last night. Quickly, I look down to see that the bedspread is gone.

What happened?

I shift my gaze back to Jayden. He is also watching me, standing close to the door without attempting to come closer or say a word.

Why is he quiet? Does he regret it too? Is he back to his cold self?

He doesn't look cold at the moment. What I can read from his expression is nothing but amusement then it dawns on me.

My virginity.

Blood.

The bedspread must have been stained by the blood and while I was asleep, he took it off and ordered for it to be washed so he could replace it this morning.

Oh, my God!

Embarrassment fills my expression and I look down. Just then, his deep throaty laughter fills the air and I jerk my head to meet his gaze once more.