CHAPTER 82

Jayden's POV

"Isabella? What about her?" I question with furrowed brows, my heart racing.

Did something happen to her? Is she ok? Did she attempt to take her life for what I did? 

Gabriel's expression is blank for a while and I am tempted to move closer, jerk him so he will tell me what it is before my heart bursts out of my chest.

"Gabriel?" I call out. "Did something happen to Isabella?"

"No!" He answers sharply.

"No?" I don't know whether to be relieved or not. That came out fast and I don't know what to think.

"Don't you think it is high time you guys sort yourselves out?" He asks and I roll my eyes and turn my back to him again.

"Is that why you are here?" I thought he came here to apologize. I see he is still bent on making me date Isabella and make all of this real.

"Yes, and also to apologize for how I spoke to you the other time. I was just pissed…"

"Pissed?" I twirl back abruptly to face him again. "Pissed that I am doing the right thing?"

"The right thing?" He scoffs. "Did you just say the right thing? Tell me what is right about all of this. I won't be pissed if you hadn't had sex with her. What does sex in marriage signify to you?"

"Says a man who is unfaithful to his wife", I retort back at him and he went silent. "How can you of all people lecture me about what's right in marriage? How long have you been married? How long have you been cheating on Sabrina?"

"This isn't about me, Jayden", he grits his teeth, his face turning red in anger.

I have hit that spot. His anger spot.

"If this isn't about you, then is it about me? You can't lecture me on what is right when you aren't even doing what is right to your own real wife. Isabella and I aren't real so…"

"Shut the f*** up, Jackass!" He snaps at me, then takes three long strides towards me. "Don't you dare bring up my wife and me into your conversations ever again."

"Why?" I raise a shoulder. "Do you feel guilty for always cheating on her?"

"What the hell is wrong with you? I stopped", he shouts but I am not shaken. "I already stopped a long time ago."

"Well, I don't think you have."

"How could you know if I have stopped or not? Have you ever seen me in the club…"

"Don't ask me bullshit. You know I won't go to that club unless we want to meet so how am I supposed to know?"

Silence creeps in slowly as his jaws clench and his breathing becomes heavy.