CHAPTER 56

Isabella's POV

I was cold all through the night. I couldn't find a suitable change of clothes in the wardrobe in the bedroom.

I only got to change into a pair of t-shirts that are way too big for me and I am sure it belongs to Jayden.

Thankfully, I was wearing a short beneath my dress yesterday which wasn't too wet so I had to sleep in the bum shorts and the t-shirt that way.

I couldn't help but worry about Jayden. I didn't even know when I slept off.

He suddenly became stiff last night. I was surprised at the way he said his good night to me. I didn't expect we would go to bed that early but I guess it's for the best since the rain had ruined the plans I had in mind.

As I stay in bed, thinking about everything that has happened in our marriage in just a month, a sweet delicious scent wafts past my nostril and my stomach rumbles instantly.

Food.

Quickly, I scramble out of bed and head out of the bedroom to trace where the aroma is coming from. I know it will be no other place than the kitchen and Jayden must be responsible. We agreed that he would be the one to cook for us today.

When I get out, before moving to the kitchen, I can see from the transparent door that it is still raining.

Wow!

I never knew it was still raining. How do we go back home now that it hasn't stopped raining?

I find my way to the kitchen and almost bump into Jayden who is in sweatpants and a shirt. 

"Hey, careful", he quickly grabs my two arms to stop me from stumbling backward.

"Good morning", I greet politely, with a smile.

"Morning, did you sleep well?" He asks with a tone laced with concern. It amazes me, though.

"Yes, I did. I'm just worried that it's still raining. Will your resumption today be possible?"

I look out through the first door beside the kitchen door. Every opening, the windows, and doors are facing outside so we can see whatever is happening outside from every angle of the house, except for the enclosed bedroom which is why I never knew it was still raining.

He shrugs and folds his arms. "I don't know yet. If it doesn't stop raining by noon, then I will resume work tomorrow."

"That's bad", I make a face.

I doubt if Jayden has been on a break for as long as a week. It must be hard for him not to work or think of work. He is used to working and everything about him involves his work.

During my one-year experience as an Assistant to him, he never went for a break.

I guess this is his passion and we derive joy and pleasure from doing what we are passionate about.

"Not too bad. Can you go and wait in the living room?" His question jerks me out of my reverie. 

"Why? I came to help out", I peer at him with a questioning brow.

"Remember you cooked dinner alone last night?" He reminds me. "So I don't need any help. This is more like a competition. If my food tastes nice, you might announce to the whole world that it was nice because you helped out but if you don't help out and it's nice, then I will take all the glory", he declares with a mischievous smile.

I laugh shortly and shake my head. Now, he is amazing to me. I've never seen him smile this way. This mischievous smile has never made its way to his face ever before and this first time is incredible coming from the fact that it is happening here in the kitchen of a chalet house, miles away from our home.