CHAPTER 24

Jayden's POV

She perks up and her eyes pop up in surprise while I am still sitting like nothing is wrong with what I just said.

I really do not know why I said that too but it shouldn't be a big deal to her. This is just a pretense but we need to make sure it looks real, as long as we both know deep down inside that it is nothing but a facade.

What if my mother is still behind the doors peeking or eavesdropping on our conversation?

My mother is an amazing woman with foresight. When she asked Isabella to undress me, I knew something was up and I have a feeling she already knows that this marriage is fake or probably she is suspecting that it is.

Whatever it is that is making her have these suspicions will be cleared soon. I will make sure to clear it but Isabella has a lot to do here.

"Never mind!" I wave her away when she is still watching me with shock.

She gulps loudly as I rise from the sofa. 

This is when I remember how my body ached so much this morning because of how I slept on this sofa. I regretted not sleeping on the bed.

Suddenly, it dawns on me that Isabella won't be able to move her things to her own room now that mother is here and we might have to put up with sleeping in the same room again tonight.

Shit! I curse inwardly.

I really do not know what my mother is doing here. And how long she is going to stay here.

What should I do? Should I leave this room for Isabella and find another room for myself just for tonight?

What will happen when she finally moves and then my mother appears from nowhere only to see that we aren't behaving like couples?

Sleeping in different rooms is enough evidence that we aren't real couples and I really want to clear my mother's doubts and suspicions. I need to make the best out of this so my mother will be fully convinced that marriage isn't for me.

I am not the problem here. Marriage is. The women are the problem.

Should we just demarcate the bed like last night and sleep on the bed?

Why didn't she even move in the morning? Even though it worked to our benefit, I want to know why she hasn't moved her things yet and why she canceled the shopping appointment with Anna.

"Why haven't you moved your things to the other room since morning?" I ask her, as I stand in front of the mirror, taking off the half-loosed tie and my suits too.

"You also canceled the shopping appointment, is anything the matter?"

She is silent and I furrow my brows, turning back to see her still sitting on the bed, her head down.