CHAPTER 30

Isabella's POV

With our arms intertwined, Jayden flashes me a smile and I can't figure out if it is for assurance or if the act of playing real couples has started already.

We begin to walk towards the front door of the big mansion. It has a waterfall in the middle of the front yard and I was mesmerized by it.

The more we approach the front door, the more nervous I become and my hands tremble a little.

When Jayden told me we would sleep on the same bed because we need to act like we are real and are truly in love, my heart skipped a beat.

How do I manage to hide my sleeping defect from him now that we are bound to sleep on the same bed?

I couldn't even suggest to him that another bed was the best because he walked past me to the bathroom immediately to take a shower so we could come here.

My heart has been racing since then. I am scared and anxious.

And now, I have to deal with his family members. I haven't met others but I have been introduced to his parents before. The house I went to isn't the same as this and I wonder if they have numerous houses like this all over New York City.

The door opens from inside and we step in. Jayden's shoulder is brushing mine because of the closeness and it feels strange.

I haven't been this close to a man. Even though we are married, it feels odd, probably because we aren't in love and the electricity that might jolt down my spine at the contact isn't there.

All I feel right now is shivers. Cold shivers running down my spine at the contact, adding to my fear.

We venture into the house in silence until the dining room comes into view and a series of laughter and noise fills the air.

Everywhere is so noisy. A baby is crying. Another baby is shouting. There are chatters around the table and immediately we are in sight, I see the reason for all the noise.

Dinner is being served already by three maids. One of the maids is holding a trolley containing several dishes while the other is picking up the dishes from the trolley and passing them to the eldest who places each dish on the large rectangular table. They are all dressed in a black and white uniform; a short gown and a half apron.

The magnificent furniture in the house, the old antique, the high bright chandelier, and the artistic paintings all over the place make it feel homey and big.

I have never been to a big place like this. The dining room alone can past for my whole apartment.

What the hell!

A young lady hoists her head up and she sees Jayden and me where we stand watching all the drama. She has been the one talking nonstop and helping the maids arrange the table.

"Jayden!" She waves at him, beckoning us to come closer.

Jayden and I exchange glances and he shrugs. I wonder what he is thinking. Before we can move close, the lady appears in front of us, her brown eyes beaming with excitement and her long black wavy hair packed in a bun.

"Jayden and his wife are here!" She announces, making others look at us. I wonder if they didn't hear her the first time.

The baby is still crying and I wonder whose baby it is.

Jayden has a smile on his face and he finally lets go of my arm. He places his hand on my back and faces me squarely.

"Babe, meet my cousin Caroline", he introduces before shifting his gaze to Caroline who looks like someone with a naturally smiling face. "Caroline, meet Isabella, my wife."