CHAPTER 44

Jayden's POV

When Anna brought the wrong file for me for the second time, I refrained from shouting at her but I couldn't stop myself from slamming my fist on the desk.

The pen on the desk falls off as she scuttles backward in fright.

First, it was a white coffee and now she is bringing the wrong file for the second time. 

Is today meant to be a bad day for me?

Isabella did hers when I was getting ready to come to work by asking me the silly question of who Helena was. How dare she? She has no right to ask me who Helena is.

I don't know how she got to know about Helena and I don't care to know. I am just mad at her for bringing up the topic of Helena.

She has no right to do that. Because I am being civil with her doesn't mean she can ask me personal questions. Is it because I also asked her personal questions?

"I'm sorry, sir", she apologizes immediately, fear flashing in her eyes.

"Sorry?" I growl out in frustration. I have been doing all I can to stop myself from transferring my aggressions but she keeps doing the wrong thing.

"I'm truly sorry, sir", she apologizes again, bowing down slightly.

To be honest, I am tired of Anna. She isn't efficient. She is just trying to meet up so she can continue being my Assistant. 

All I want from her is to leave this job on her own free will. I don't want to fire her but from the look of things, I might end up doing that if this silly act continues.

"I asked for Johnson's file", I try not to raise my voice. "Johnson not James."

In response, she bows again and turns back to head out. I watch her go in a hurry while I puff out air and throw the file on the table before leaning backward on my chair.

I twirl around, my mind going back to what happened this morning.

Isabella asked me who Helena is.

What the hell! How the hell did she know about Helena? Who told her about Helena? What gave her the confidence to ask me about her?

I curse silently, squeezing my eyes shut and letting the memories come.

Helena was the most beautiful woman I have ever set my eyes on. She was the most reserved and kind woman and it made me love her.

She wasn't as inquisitive as Isabella, even though I find some similarities between them. She barely asks me questions but whenever she does, she wants complete honesty.

It was hard to lie to Helena because she was an honest woman. She doesn't lie and I call her an angel because angels don't lie.