CHAPTER 8

Jayden's POV

Sitting at the back of the Mercedes Benz driving me home and staring intently at the picture of my Assistant, Isabella Gracia Rodriguez, I expel a sigh of relief for choosing the right person.

She is the right person for the job. Now I can see the reason why she doesn't have a boyfriend, her dress sense is totally out of it, and that needs to change.

She is not the social type and this is the exact person I need, not some sophisticated, spoiled brat who would ruin everything for me and make it very difficult to end this facade of a marriage we are about to venture into.

Isabella isn't going to be a difficult person and my mother might like her for not being social.

This was one of the bones of contention between my mother and my late fiancée. She never told me anything but I knew it. Mother is good at hiding her emotions.

I scroll down and begin to see more pictures of Isabella's ruffled gowns, tank tops and skirts, plain black gowns, and all sorts of unfashionable dresses.

I am making an effort not to laugh.

I asked my private investigator to get me more information about her. She is my employee but I know nothing about her for over a year that she has been working with me.

Her first name, Isabella is the only thing that got stuck in my head. I am not one to use formal names with my employees.

I remember I even called her Miss Romano a few days ago instead of Miss Rodriguez. I suck at formal names and I wonder why she did not correct me.

He also got me a picture of her grandma who is looking extremely sick.

I don't regret helping out. I don't regret giving her more than the initial amount.

The car halts immediately Fred enters the car garage and he comes down to open the door for me.

Taking a last look at her delicate face, I close the laptop and pass it to Fred before climbing down from the car with my briefcase.

I had a long day at work today because I let Isabella go home immediately after signing the contract. She is no longer my Personal Assistant because she has been promoted to a higher position of being my wife.

After a year, I will find her another job if possible but for now, we can't work together anymore because we are about to become couples.

I don't know what to make of my relief. I don't know if it is because I now have good news to tell my mom or because I am glad I don't have to go through the long process of finding someone suitable for the job.

My mother is a sweet desperate woman who views my unmarried situation as a disease that needs to be treated as quickly as possible.

I would have left her to choose someone for me but I know she is going to be overboard, and it will be difficult for me to get divorced after a year.

Ever since my cousin gave birth to two boys a year ago, I have become my mother's focus of obsession.

Getting married and having children is her major priority now which she shared with me immediately she thought was best.

But I wasn't interested. I had better things to do with my life. I wanted nothing but a peaceful life devoid of guilt eating me up.

Mother doesn't see that. All she wants is to be happy claiming I will be happy if I have a family and children.

I don't think I am ready to have any children. I don't even like the idea anymore. It brings a sort of horrifying fright in me and I guess I haven't fully recovered from the trauma of losing my wife and child. I can't bear to have children and watch them die again.