Chapter 1 Back on the Game

Genie

"It's a good thing unnie doesn't so much look at you Jeed, you keep on giving signs" I scolded the rapper as we jump on Blythe's bed.

"Yeah, because either she's looking at you or staring at her teddy bear" Jeed replied smugly and Blythe laughed.

"Now you're jealous over Genie? Don't worry Jeed, I'll tell unnie to look at you the whole time tomorrow, who knows, a ship named Chae-Jeed will also start to sail huh?" Blythe joked and I laughed hard.

"Why, that isn't a bad idea! Also, set another ship sailing along, Gen-Blythe?" I suggested still laughing.

"Idiots, but I want to talk about something related to this stupid shipping" Jeed began.

"Genie, you did assign us to watch over the bet, and we have been responsible players, and an idea struck me right in my brain" she dramatically continued.

"Straight to the point Jeed" I interrupted.

"Says the one who speaks in metaphors" Blythe chimed but before we could argue, Jeed raised her arms to stop us.

"Since the Gen-Chae ship started sailing, change started with Lisa as well. I'm speaking based on all the informations being passed on to me by my friend, Yaya, oh I should start paying her for giving her trouble" she side tracked.

"What kind of change?" I asked ignoring her side comment.

"We all know she began ignoring that Reeya girl right? Recently, my friend said Lisa finally exploded and told the girl off, blaming her for all the fake rumours circulating online. This girl then never returned there. She's lucky they quarelled inside her office, with just Yaya with them, or else a video had been viral. Furthermore, she started to be distant, her usual cheery attitude and happy go lucky ways slowly fading as days goes by" she paused, acting to catch her breath. We stayed silent before she continued.

"Your holiday pictures together with unnie and her family however hit her hard and she literally closed off. She has stayed home for the whole day today and her phone was turned off, ignoring everything and everyone. Accordingly, she had slept the whole day and never went out of her room to eat even" Jeed replied sadly and I felt guilt seeping through my bones.

"She believed all the rumours did she? I mean, she has also been to the Parks! She must know how friendly they are!" I exclaimed. As Alice told us, she really did post photos of us during the holidays at their house just a few hours after the year changed. And it had been causing a stir at the internet right up until that moment, more than 24 hours later.

"Even we would actually believe it, if we aren't aware of the game you enlisted us" Blythe commented and I looked at them bewildered.

"You think... we are getting, as in real?" I asked. Blythe avoided my gaze while Jeed lowered her gaze.

"You do? But we are just bestfriends! You know that!" I exclaimed frustrated.

"We know Genie, but... I'm afraid... not you, but she... is being carried away" Jeed stammered and I froze.

"She?" then I laughed hysterically. They looked at me with a little fear as if thinking I might go crazy with the idea.

"Girls, my job is to watch over the betor right? And I've been doing a good job as well. And I'm happy to inform you that she hasn't even taken the first step yet to move on" I smiled widely but the shock in their face grew worse.

"How could you be mean and be happy about someone not moving on from a heartbreak?" Blythe asked me.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not happy that she is suffering. I'm glad she isn't moving on because if she did, it means our efforts will have no use anymore because she wouldn't care anymore about the bet" I explained.