Chapter 17 To Her Home

Chaeyoung

Genie was fixing her hair when I entered with a smile. She looked at me but then returned to what she's doing. Oh yeah, I did ignore her a while ago or she is currently upset. About what? Since Joem isn't really her boyfriend, what made her upset?

"Unnie, I think you should go and take a bath now, we have to leave soon" she addressed me making me realize I was just standing there staring at her.

"Right, I'm sorry" I took my travelling clothes from the traveling bag and left to the bathroom. While cleaning myself, I racked my brain on how to regain our usual happy communication.

I'm glad to still found her in our room when I came back. She is actually sorting the clothes we had used. She took the underwears and added it to our travelling bag, adding it to our original travelling clothes.

"We ain't bringing those?" I asked to the unwashed clothes.

"Nah, Joem will deal with them, he'll wash it" she replied and I was dumbfounded. Joem will do our laundry? A good thing she actually took the undies. But he can? And he will?

"Ah okay, but how many times have you kicked him today? That hurts" I remarked. Joem also told me about it. She looked at me surprised.

"He already told me about your little play. I was told not to get mad at you since you were just forced to play with" I smiled but she sighed deeply.

"Good" she replied as she left the room. Uh uh, but I think she's mad at me?

I added my undies in the bag and the clothes I used in the basket. She returned with our toiletries bag and put it last on the bag. After she zipped it, she stood up then walked to the window.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked approaching her.

"No" she replied. I hugged her from behind and I'm overjoyed when she relaxed into my arms.

"I just want to relish the last moments by watching outside. My birthplace will always be my favorite place" she spoke genuinely that I kissed the top of her head. The advantage of being taller.

I didn't reply. I just hold her there while we were watching the scenery outside. With her in my arms, it is very relaxing and calming, with just the sound of our breathing breaking the comfortable silence.

"Alright Gen-Chae, the car is ready. Is this your only bag?" Ryle disturbed us, already lifting up our traveling bag. When did he came? How come we didn't hear the door opening? Oh right, Genie didn't close it.

"Are you the Captain? Yeah" Genie craned her neck to reply to her brother.

"I'm the driver" he smirked then left us.

"We should go?" I asked as I released her.

"Yeah, we have some touring to do before we go home" she nodded.

I caught her hand on our way down and she chuckled. We found Joem packing something on the kitchen.

"Joem, we're going" Genie called to him.

"I know, come here" he called us back.

"Take these desserts" he offered the packed lunch boxes.

"Wow, thanks" Genie grinned as she let go of my hand and hugged him.

"Rosé noona, don't let her devour everything. You share it between yourselves yeah?" he addressed me.

"I will Joem, thank you" I smiled and he offered his hand. I shook it but he didn't let go immediately. I looked at him questioningly.