Chapter 32 Surprises

Chaeyoung

"Baby!" I exclaimed when I saw Genie at the breakfast table. I run towards her and back hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Good morning unnie" she smiled timidly at me. I don't know how to describe her reaction, maybe the normal reaction?

After I left my sister's room last night, I have a strong feeling that Genie was there, but Alice was right. It's not the best time for us to talk. While lying in bed alone, for the first time again after all these weeks, I had ample time to think about our first fight ever since we became 'girlfriends'.

The moment I woke up this morning, I know what to do. I realize my mistake but I also have to clear the matter between her and that actress she has dated. I was so focused on making her mine but I totally forgot that she has been dating someone else before.

We talk casually over breakfast but God knows how much I want to just pull her to my room and talk. When I was finally given the opportunity, I followed her to the guest room. She however was preparing to go out. I tried to talk to her first but she said she have to prepare first. I waited for her in the guest room while she go and take a bath rather impatiently. Where is she headed to later on, I don't even know.

She received a phone call just after she came back from the bathroom. They didn't talk for long, and all she said was 'yes' and 'okay, I'll wait for you'. Meaning she will be picked up.

"So, are you calmed now?" she asked sitting beside me on the bed. But I was not. Who is she going out with? Is that actress again?

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"On an important appointment, personal matter" she replied monotonously.

"Can't I come?" I asked hopefully.

"No, someone is picking me up" she shook her head.

"It's that actress again right? Tell me Genie? Are you still dating her? Or are you the real girlfriends that's why you don't want us to label our relationship?" I asked angrily.

She was shocked by my accusation. She opened her mouth to speak but then closed it again without uttering any word. Hurt was displayed in her eyes and I immediately felt sorry for accusing her, but I want to be enlightened. She sighed as she looked at her phone that buzzed. After reading the message, she stood up.

"Chaeng, I have to go, we will talk after I get back okay?" she reached for my arm but I shrugged it off.

"Babe, I love you" she leaned in and pecked my lips before leaving me. Tears streamed down my eyes. I don't know which to believe anymore. I walked to the window in time to see her climb up a familiar car. I've seen that already. It's the same car who dropped her once when she said she went on a date. So it's really that actress she is going out with. I felt my heart breaking into pieces. Atleast, Lisa didn't do those things to me. I ended up crying and locked myself in my room. I don't want to talk to anyone for now.

When she arrived before lunch, she came straight to my room and knocked when she found out I locked it. She called my name so I went to open it and locked it again.

"Genie, tell me honestly, do you really love me?" I asked straight. She drop her phone and purse on my table before she sat down on my bed.

"I do love you Chaeyoung" she replied looking in my eyes.

"Then tell me, what do you have with that actress who picked you up earlier?" I asked. She was shocked but composed herself immediately.

"You saw her?" She asked.

"I saw her car. It's the same car who has dropped you at our building once. I saw you getting out of it" I informed her. She just nodded, for what? I have no idea.