Chapter 6 Her Confidant

Chaeyoung

I woke up late the next morning but was surprised that all of us did, and actually, Genie wasn't yet awake after the three of us did. I found the maknaes who just also wake up in the kitchen, preparing breakfast together.

"Good morning girls, did you sleep well?" I asked as I went to take a mug and pour myself coffee.

"Yes unnie, did Genie sleep early last night?" Blythe asked.

I wasn't able to answer her quick because I remembered that kiss last night. When I noticed her looking at me expectantly though, I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, it's my first time handling her that drunk though" I replied.

"We too, she never yelled nor shouted at us like that, we're kind of shocked last night really" Jeed agreed.

"Have you noticed anything wrong with her though?" Blythe asked.

"Yeah, it's been nearly two weeks that she's been a little weird" Jeed answered.

"Unnie, you are much closer, please tell us what's wrong with her" Blythe turned to me, pleading.

"I'm sorry girls, but this time, we are all in the same level of knowledge on what's bothering her" I replied.

"It started when she came back from her home country. I'm wondering what could have happened there" Jeed mused.

"That's right, she didn't even inquire about your trip" Blythe faced Jeed who widened her eyes with the statement before looking at Blythe weirdly, as if telling her to shut up.

"She is actually starting to return to her usual self while she's with us" I spoke, although I'm wondering if Blythe has other meaning with what she just told Jeed.

"I noticed that too, but a lot of times, I've caught her zoning out" Blythe agreed.

"Yes, I feel like she is just pretending to be okay in front of us" Jeed sighed.

So, they also noticed as much as I did, though I actually caught her crying last week. I became lost in my thoughts that Blythe has to wave her hand in front of me to get her attention.

"I'd like to go myself unnie, but I know she prefers you waking her up" she reiterated. I nodded understanding the request then left to Genie's room.

She is still sleeping when I entered. A good thing her room isn't locked again. Well, it's because she's already asleep when I left her room. I sat on her bed and I gently shook her arm.

"Genie, it's late, wake up now so we can go and have breakfast"

"Hmmm" she merely responded.

"Baby wake up" I shook harder.

She tried to open her eyes but quickly squinted it as he clutched her head frowning. She groaned in pain.

"Genie? Are you okay?" I panicked and hovered above her, checking her temperature.

"Baby what's wrong? Which hurts?" I asked again.

"Unnie? Stooop" she whined as she tried to sit up. I helped her to.

"Baby..." I looked at her nervously.

"I'm serious with that one month of not talking with you unnie, so stop this over reaction" she sighed frustrated as she massaged her temple.

I looked at her in panic for another reason. I can't imagine not talking with her for a month anymore. I sighed in frustration.

"I didn't know caring for my bestfriend is a crime now" I uttered as I sat back then looked at my hands in my lap.