Chapter 23 Stories About Her

Chaeyoung

"Chaeng, do you wanna help cook or I should let you sleep?" I was awoken by Genie shaking my arm.

"Hmm?" I asked wondering what she's talking about.

"It's 4am Chaeng, we're gonna start cooking now" she explained making me remember the birthday party later on.

"Oh right, can you give me 5 minutes to go and wash up?" I covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Go ahead, I'll wait for you" she agreed and I quickly made my way to the bathroom.

When I returned, she is sitting on the sofa in my room. I had already comb my hair so we are ready to leave but I wonder why she is looking at me, as if anxiously.

"Why?" I asked but she smiled as she stood up, walking towards me.

"We should probably go, but first," she reached for my neck then pulled me down then pecked my lips, "good morning Chae" she greeted before turning to the door.

I was left there stunned. If I remember it well, aside from when she was drunk, today is the first time she kissed me first and willingly. Why? Then I remembered asking her for it yesterday. Is Jisoo unnie really right? That she is doing this all just to make up for my loss with Lisa?

"You're thinking so much, they are already beginning the task" she returned and peeped at the door.

"Right, I'm sorry, coming" I followed her out until the kitchen.

We greeted them good morning but instead of being told on what to do to be able to help, we were handed each a mug of steaming coffee.

"By the way, who are the other visitors, aside from the seven at the resort?" Genie asked.

"My three sisters will be coming later on" her sister in law replied.

"And my two bestfriends too, Grey and Efrain, said they will be racing on motorcycle to get here" Ryle laughed.

"The workers and laborers in all the property were invited too" her sister added.

"But don't worry. You two would be okay with disguises right? And then we would introduce you as relatives. We cannot risk you being recognized since Genie here is adamant on your privacy" mom explained and I nodded.

"Only the friends and relatives at the resort knows about you. And we had already talked to them about keeping the information to themselves" she continued.

After a very busy morning, the small family composed of Ryle, his wife and their daughter left first on the smaller car, along with the foods to the resort. The others followed out on the SUV after they were ready while me and Genie would take the scooter since we aren't yet halfway ready when they're about to leave. Apparently, they still need to fix something on the venue so they are in a rush to leave.

"Chaeng, I'm sorry you will have to put up with the disguises almost all day today. But if ever you need a room to rest or retouch or whatever, I have a room for myself there, just ask me to bring you" she informed me and I just nodded.

"Sure, are we good to go? Am I not overdressed?" I asked but she laughed.

"Let's go, and you're not, you're gorgeous even under a disguise, you'll be turning heads later on" she smiled.

Oh Genie, I don't care about them. All I want is you to give us a shot. I just smiled back and followed her out. We put on our helmet so as not to ruin our hairdo and I drove us to the resort.

It's 10am when we arrived and the venue is now beginning to be filled with visitors. Genie was right when I saw that all my worries last night has been taken care of, the sound system, the cake, and the other details. Right now, loud lively music is filling the air.