Chapter 14 The Trip Home

Chaeyoung

After Genie and Blythe left, the excitement I was feeling in going to the Philippines with Genie came back like last night and I suddenly felt wide awake. I did help Jeed cook then we had our breakfast then we cleaned the kitchen.

She excused herself to go and pack so I did as well. I checked the email Genie was saying and smiled when I read what's in it. Always the OC yet considerate person. I followed the list and based the clothes I packed on the notes, but I discarded one note. That is not to bring too much of every kind. When I'm done with packing my clothes and my necessities, two suitcases greeted me hello. I think it will be fine. It's not that much really.

It's still 9 am when I'm done though so I decided to go and buy gifts for her family. From the call last night, she has six members, including her sister-in-law and niece. I wanted it to be a surprise so it is better to go shopping without her.

I returned by 11am, a good 15 minutes before Genie returned at the dorm. She just rested for a while at the living room and after another 15 minutes, she and Jeed left.

I don't know what time we will be leaving, or when even. Since it's lunch time, I'm feeling hungry but it would be lonely to eat alone at the dorm so I tried to contact Jennie unnie. I learned that she is currently on her way to meet Jisoo unnie for lunch and they invited me to come over.

"You're saying you are going to spend a week vacation with Genie's family at the Philippines?" Jennie unnie reaffirmed.

"Yup unnie" I nodded as I took another bite. I have already explained the situation and condition to them while we're waiting for our food.

"Ah okay, that's good. You can find out more about her once you're with her family. You can get closer as well" Jennie nodded.

"You're making it sound as if you're spying on her" Jisoo unnie commented.

"No, that's not what I mean. You see, Genie is as secretive as you Jichu. Gosh, she's much more secretive and a private person!" Jennie unnie exclaimed and I agree with her.

"Yeah, I get it, but we should accept that we have to stay beyond the border line that people draw for us from them, as a way to respect their privacy" Jisoo explained.

"Whatever Chu, I only have two notes to tell you Chaeyoungie, first, have fun there, and second, don't forget to bring me a souvenir" Jennie unnie wink and I laughed.

"Same goes here, also, control your jealousy over there and make a good impression on her family" Jisoo unnie smirked but our bestfriend glared at her.

"Sure unnies, I'll look for the perfect souvenir for you two" I replied to their request and ignored the other comments.

After eating our fill, they dragged me to the mall, looking for general gifts for Genie's family from them. After we made it to the counter, I was shocked by the amount of sweets and candies they bought plus a lot of toys for her niece and other things they would land an eye and think it cute or good enough to be called presents.

"Unnie's, you do know that we are travelling by ourselves right? No one will help us carry our baggages so she has specifically told me to pack less" I complained.

"We know, but it won't hurt to add a little gift for the family" Jennie replied.

"But unnie, all these will fill a single suitcase!" I exclaimed. I'm not over reacting, I'm being serious, and they actually bought one suitcase to cram everything in.

"The suitcase has wheels Chaeng, just drag them" Jisoo unnie waved me off as we left the mall. She was a gentlewoman enough and carried most of the items while Jennie and me divided the rest between us.