Chapter 8 It's Not What It Seems

Genie

When she was gone, I took a deep breath then I called Jisoo unnie again.

"Unnie, I made her cry" I blurted out.

"I actually could hear her sniffing already while we're talking a while ago" she responded.

"Unnie I'm confused, why is she so jealous over me dating someone to the point of crying?" I asked.

"You aren't oblivious are you?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm not, but it's impossible. You know why I keep myself in check. She hasn't moved on yet, she still loves Lisa unnie, it's crystal clear" I sighed exasperated.

"Genie"

"I'm thinking the girls are right, she is just using me as a rebound" I stated and she gasped.

"Genie no, Chaeyoung isn't that type of person. Oh my gosh, take that back Genie, take that back" Jisoo rambled and I felt ashamed for even mentioning it.

"I'm sorry unnie, I was just out of reasons" I sighed.

"What if she already moved on really because of you, and has turned to loving you instead?" she asked and I fall silent.

"It can't be" I whispered.

"Why, you admit to liking her so much but has stopped yourself because you think she is still so in love with Lisa. Now, if she isn't already, then you two are free" she responded.

"I myself isn't sure of my feelings, I love her, maybe more than as a bestfriend, but I don't see myself to be in a relationship with her" I tried to explain.

"You confused me there Genie"

"Yeah, I'm confused myself so let's just leave my feelings be. By the way, we had confirmed that Lisa unnie still loves Chae-unnie" I passed the information.

Another reason I'm confiding everything to Jisoo unnie is because she's in the same ship with Chaelisa, same as us in the side B of the game we bet Lisa.

"Please be careful Genie, you might get hurt soon you know?" she asked.

"I know, but I have to get Chae-unnie back on track. I didn't know my charms will led her off track" I joked and Jisoo unnie laughed.

"You better be, but really, think carefully, I can move to the Gen-Chae ship you know" she joked.

"And betray Lisa unnie's trust? By the way, she thinks you and Jennie unnie is favoring Chae-unnie more than her." I informed.

"That ass, I love her much like my sister, but let her think as is, I'll give her a good slap for it on our next meeting" she laughed then we hang up.

I can't sleep since my conscience is plaguing me for making my unnie cry. I tried to fight the urge but I found myself in front of her room door. I slowly turned the knob only to find it empty. With knitted brows, I walked to the kitchen then to the living room, only to find it all empty of people.

I check the maknaes' rooms and saw them peacefully sleeping alone in their rooms. Sighing I went back for my phone. Checking something, I sighed again before I call Jisoo unnie for the 4th time for the day.

"I thought you're asleep already. Seems you're addicted to calling me now?" She greeted me on the phone.

"Unnie, she left the dorm again" I informed her and she sighed.

"Do you think she's doing it again?" she asked.

"I'm afraid she is"

"What are you gonna do?" she asked.