Chapter 21 The Diaz's Social Status

Chaeyoung

While we ate breakfast, I can't keep myself from glancing at Genie. They were discussing about the day's activity and Genie has asked me if I want to go and see the field. I nodded in excitement but they all warned me it isn't a clean place to be since there'll be mud everywhere and is very hot in there. I assured them I'll be fine.

They also discussed further plans for the baby's birthday and Genie has told them that only her three bestfriends will be able to come. Her sister in law confirmed the grandparents' attendance and mom said Genie's grandparents will come too, along with her cousin who will drive them here.

"Why do you keep on looking at me?" Genie leaned in and asked in Korean. I guess I'm caught.

"Nothing, just just" I replied back. However, it seems that someone else was attentive to our short conversation.

"Oh, by the way sis, you have learned some Korean right?" Ryle asked her younger sister and I looked at him questioningly. His sister nodded in affirmation.

"Then can you translate this?" he quoted my exact words that afternoon at the ranch.

"Then she should be holding my hand, not his" she perfectly translated my words.

"Ooh, how about this?" he quoted again what I said at the van before we left the ranch.

"You're not, I know it" she translated again and Ryle gasped, eyes wide before he looked at us alternately. I guess we're busted.

"Why? Where'd you hear all that?" Leigh asked him.

"Oh, I was watching some kdrama at the ranch and these two wouldn't translate it for me. I guess I now know why" he grinned. I relaxed a little when I realized he won't betray us. I'm very thankful he kept his mouth shut.

After breakfast, we all left the main rooms to get changed. Once we're ready to go, Genie told them we're using the scooter then she gave me the key. We set off ahead of them and she urged me to drive faster. Soon enough, we found our way to the rice fields. I parked on a cemented spot, probably really designated for parking then I looked at the vast field in front of us. Most of it are now actually planted, so I'm guessing that's what they're going to do today.

When I turned to Genie, she is taking a shot of the rice field with her camera. Of course she have it again. I wonder if she also had it when we went jogging at the orchard. I think not, too bad since we didn't took a picture in there. Maybe I could suggest we go back there just to take photos. The seemingly endless trees are also beautiful.

I stepped closer to the field as I watch in awe. I looked away from the field when Genie approached me and fix the hat her mom has insisted I use to protect me from the sun. Once she's satisfied, she told me to continue sight seeing and moved back. I followed her with my gaze confused but she gestured me to go on while she raised her camera. Ahh, I guess I know I what she's doing. She really prefers capturing candid shots rather than scripted poses.

Her family arrived and she had them posing in front of the field. She told me to join but I shook my head instead told her to join and I took a few shots. Her sister in law volunteered to take over the camera so I joined the family. Once we're satisfied, Genie asked for a duo picture with me. Leigh took it for us and she smiled when she returned the camera.

"I love how your eyes speak" she commented before she followed the others to the nipa hut, larger than the one at the flower farm.

"First, she didn't tell me she's learning Korean, now she's speaking alien language" Genie muttered as we joined them. I laughed.

"I'm sorry, I guess your brother just discovered us" I apologized but I don't fully mean it. Part of me wanted them to know that we are more than friends, oh, just for me anyway.