Chapter 16 She's His Girl Friend

Genie

"Genie, you know what, you're amazing!" Chae-unnie exclaimed while she is cuddling me.

"Why so?" I asked, being tickled that her chin is touching the sensitive spot in my neck.

"Even when you're away, working hard abroad, you still managed to build everything up here" she explained.

"That's all thanks to my family who over-seered everything. I merely gave orders, and the budget" I refuted.

"But you did all the planning, think of all the details" she countered.

"Yeah I did, but that was a simple thing" I shrugged. It is actually what I'm usually busy with during those early months after our debut. It's the main reason they usually found me burying my nose in my laptop.

"It's not, and I'm excited to see the rest" she smiled against my neck.

"I'm glad you do, because I am too. So, should we sleep now so we can wake up early tomorrow?" I proposed.

"Sure, good night baby" she whispered and as if I felt my little hairs standing. As to why? I don't know.

"Good night unnie" I replied as I snuggled closer, making myself comfortable, eventually falling asleep.

I'm thankful that unnie isn't locking me again when I wake up the next morning. I gently moved out of her arms and made my way to the bathroom to wash. When I returned, she is still sleeping. Maybe the trip finally dawned on her, or because of the fact that it is still a little past 5am.

I went down to the kitchen and found Joem brewing coffee. Last night, he made it a point that he will be the one to do all the cooking, washing, and cleaning, saying it's his pleasure to treat the guests well, teasing me.

"Good morning Joem" I greeted.

"Good morning Genie, you're up early" he commented.

"Yeah, I'm used to it. Finally I'll get to taste brewed coffee again" I licked my lips and he laughed.

My brother joined us exactly as he is pouring the steaming liquid into our mugs. He added another one, the biggest mug for my brother and we all drank it while he cook rice and one of the dish.

When we drank the last drop, he said he's going to feed the chickens and pigs so we volunteered to help. I ran upstairs to change my PJs but Chae-unnie is still deep asleep.

We returned to the kitchen afterwards, but my brother said he'll go and prepare our rides, checking it, and making sure it is in good condition. I then watched Joem cook since he won't really allow me to touch anything.

"Can you make fresh mango juice? Chae-unnie loves it" I requested seeing there were ripe mangoes at the fridge.

"Sure, after I'm done here" he nodded.

"I can make it" I offered.

"Fine, you're so noisy in the kitchen" he joked and I laughed.

Finally for him, since I'm focused at what I'm doing, I finally fell silent. But he broke the silence, what a hypocrite.

"Gen-Chae isn't real?" he asked.

"Joem, do you think I'm into girls?" I asked back.

"Are you seriously asking me that? Why, when we're in elementary, every time I visit home, I often hear older kids calling you a tomboy" he laughed but I remained serious.

"Those were just their opinions though" I remarked sadly. He may have noted the change in my mood.

"Yeah, mine was different back then. So back to your question, I'd say no you're not, I knew you well, however, there could be a variation" he answered. I looked at him confused.