Chapter 4 Hidden Truth at Home

Genie

The moment I exited the gates at NAIA airport, I was greeted with camera flashes. Ah, what a good thing I have my Jentle Monster shades on. I stopped for a moment and waved all around smiling widely before continuing to walk out, with my manager behind me, and security guards beside me. I hate this set up, but I understand it is also for my safety.

As I move forward, I saw a lot of posters and tarps, either with my face on it, or one that bears my stage name, or one that's says 'Welcome Home', or all of it. The people are cheering for me, shouting for my name. Others are trying to pass me gifts and cards. Had I not experienced the same with my group before, I would have collapsed here and then out of nervousness and fear. Being in the middle of such a big crowd alone this time is also intimidating, but I can't let down myself. How I wish I had someone to held onto this time. Chae-unnie? Preferably.

I'd like to give autographs but my manager decided against it, seeing the crowd, slowly closing in on us. I have to get out of here. I was safely escorted to a pre-arranged car. I think this is from the hotel I'd be staying in. Before we drove away, I lowered down my window, and waved to the fans one last time, shouting a thank you in Filipino, then off we went.

March afternoon in Manila is always a hot afternoon. Actually, no matter what season it is, it's so hot in this city. I am very glad my hotel room is air-conditioned. Not that I can't stand the heat or I am being "demanding", because I'm used to this weather back then, but I'm really tired from the plane ride. I think I tore an arm rest for gripping too hard in it as we took off and landed. That made me remember our plane rides to and fro Jeju Island. Chae-unnie has been there for me, but today, I'm all alone again.

I jump in bed as soon as I entered it, only caring to remove my shoes. I hope a nap would do me justice. I was however disturbed when my phone vibrated from my back pocket. Reaching for it blindly as I am lying on my stomache, I answered it without checking the caller ID. Probably my family wanting to know if I'd arrived. They are actually on their way here from the province as I can't run there due to my tight schedule.

"Hello?" I answered my voice muffled by the sheets.

"Baby? Have you arrived to your hotel yet?" concern lazed unnie's voice. Ah, it was her! Always the caring leader.

"Oh unnie, it's you, yeah, just arrived and I'm so damn tired" I groaned and she chuckled.

"I watched your arrival video at the airport. I was honestly shocked at the mass of people who gathered there to welcome you"

"Yeah, I almost cried in there, thanks to my shades, they didn't saw my tears" I chuckled

"You did a good job. We should appreciate the efforts our fans are giving for us. Welcoming us at the airport is really heart warming" she reminded.

"Yes unnie, I know. Seeing a lot of Welcome Home makes me wanna stay" I sighed.

"Are you saying you wanna stay because you miss home? Or because you're sick of us? Or because you dread riding the airplane alone again?" she asked and I laughed.

"All of that unnie" I teased and the line went silent. I can guess she is pouting now.

"I wished you were with me when the plane took off and landed unnie, that made me miss you already" I spoke after some time, in a sad voice. I'm serious.

"You miss me just because no one will hold you in the plane? That's lame!" she protested.

"Also when I step out of the gate and saw a mass of people waiting for me, I wish I had your arm to cling and body to lean on or preferably hide to" I continued, ignoring her whining.