Chapter 13 We're Coming Home

Genie

Finally, the month of June has ended and our promotions for our second single was also concluded. Chae-unnie and I haven't talked personally yet. We have been communicating at work, but the topics are limited to work as well. At home, she made a good job at avoiding us being left alone together. At the table, we would talk about casual and random things, but never about us and our fight. We limit ourselves to our own room as well. It seems she has agreed to my plea not to talk to me until I decide to resume the banter. Well atleast we aren't fighting anymore right.

Since I also concluded my search, I don't go out regularly anymore as well. I still leave every now and then but to go and walk at the park Jisoo unnie showed to me as Chae-unnie's favorite past time area, just to support my fictional story of dating. She didn't fight me with it anymore especially that I make sure to come home before 10pm. These, all these was for a week.

After our last show, we were asked to report to our CEO. Damn, if only he'll give us a break, I'd follow all his wishes!

He greeted us beaming with pride. He should be right? After all those left and right success and all the revenue we brought for the company, shouldn't he reward us? I waited patiently for him to get to the point as he rambled how happy and proud he is for us and our achievements.

"The next activity in your calendar is Genie's solo debut and some individual activities, I hope you're ready?" he asked me smiling.

"I guess I am sir" I replied.

"But since you've done an excellent job, I'm giving you a week break" he broke the news and all of us got excited.

"You can do anything you want. Go anywhere you want. I promise not to contact you. Just be here Monday after next week, especially you Genie" he motioned and I nodded.

"Uhm, can we go out of country sir?" I asked, wanting to go home. He thought for a while before looking back at me.

"I guess yes you can, but, you can't go alone" he replied and my shoulders sagged.

"My manager has to come with me?" I asked sadly, all the excitement vanishing.

"Yes, or one from your group? Yes, I can allow that" he suggested.

I sighed as I slowly shook my head. Of course my members won't like to come with me this time. All of us misses our family so they would opt to spend the week break with them. As to manager? Ugh, he's nice, but I don't want him tagging with me this time, not this time.

"I'll go with you" Chae-unnie suddenly volunteered and I whipped my head to look at her surprised.

"No unnie, you don't have to. It's fine. I guess I'll just have to stay at the dorm for the week and rest" I denied.

"Why, yes, I'd be more willing to let you two go since your leader is older and she can look after you while you're away" the CEO commented but I shook my head.

"No, I don't want to be a burden" I spoke decided.

"Are you sure? well, I guess the offer is open Rosé?" she asked and unnie nodded.

"If you change your mind, I am permitting you to go home, just give me a call to inform me, okay? You can go" he dismissed us.

"Thank you sir, but I don't think I will change my mind, goodbye" we all bowed then left his office silently.

The ride home was also silent that I wonder why are they not speaking, as if afraid they'd drop a bomb once they open their mouth.

That was Friday evening and once we're back at the dorm, I head straight to my room. I quickly changed into comfortable clothes before jumping into bed. I think it's on this occasions that I'm glad Jeed made it her responsibility to be our cook. I can mop while waiting for her to announce dinner.