Chapter 25 Last Day of Fantasy

Chaeyoung

I tried my best to stay calm while we're on our way home. CK's words is echoing in my mind "are you okay with one sided feelings?"

"So, spill the tea, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Genie asked once we're back in our room.

"Nothing really, just, just something that your bestfriend has told me" She sighed.

"About one sided feelings I guess?" she asked and I'm surprised.

"She told me everything. My bestfriends never lie to me Chaeyoung, keep that in mind. And I scolded her enough so she's apologizing" she sat beside me.

I fall silent. Her bestfriends doesn't keep things from her. So I supposed telling me that is an implication that I should do the same as well? I sighed.

"I'm sorry" she apologized, for what? I don't know, but when I realized, maybe it is for not returning my feelings, I'm more heartbroken.

"You don't have to apologize for that" I replied as I move away to lay down on the bed. As if I suddenly felt weak.

"Have you eaten lunch?" she asked.

"CK and I did at the restaurant" I replied. She nodded.

"Do you want to take a nap?" she suggested and it's my turn to nod.

"Okay then, it's 3pm, you can nap as long as you want, I'll gonna go and spend time with my family" she left me alone and I continued crying.

"I thought you're going to nap, not cry" I was startled when she spoke again from the doorway.

"I forgot my camera, but Chaeyoung, please, please don't cry" I was surprised to see tears in her eyes as well as she kneeled on the floor so her face is leveled with mine on the bed.

"Please don't cry" she whispered again as she wiped the tears from my face, only for her own tear to fall down. I don't know if what that tear is for. Does she pity me? Or what?

"Please?" she repeated so I nodded.

"Thank you, now, sleep" she stroke my cheek before she left again. I tried my best not to cry really instead willed myself to sleep.

Shuffling around woke me up later on and I yawned while I rubbed my eyes.

"Did I woke you up? I'm sorry" Genie apologized. She is starting to pack already so I sat up in bed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"5pm, had a good sleep?" she asked and I nodded.

"Good, I'd suggest you start packing too. We don't have to finish it now though, we have to go down by 6pm" she informed me.

"Okay, I'll just go and wash up then I'll start as well" I left her in her room. When I returned, I was confused when the laundry basket was empty. Where were my used clothes?

"Genie? Where are my..." I began asking but she quickly answered.

"By the bed Chaeng, mom has washed it and folded it too" she answered from her room.

I looked there and really saw a stack of nearly folded clothes. Wow, I'm touched. I took one of my suitcase and opened it on the floor before I opened the closet. Genie was right, I shouldn't have brought much clothes, now I'm going back with much luggage again. Suddenly, an idea came to mind, why not?

I'm nearly done with my first suitcase when Genie came out and watched me folding and stuffing clothes. When I looked up, her arms were crossed while she's smiling down at me.