Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family

Chaeyoung

"Baby!!!! Welcome home!!" Mom screamed as she run from the door to meet us and engulfed Genie in a big hug. Okay, who's the daughter again? But I'm not jealous at all. Actually, I'm really really glad that they love her.

"Hi Mom, how are you?" she greeted her back with a happy smile. I took her backpack from my sister's car and stood beside her. I remembered to look around for a stray camera, but no one is in sight. Good.

"We're all fine, but we miss you so much, why didn't you come with Chaeng after your return from your country? Anyway, thanks for your gifts" mom blabbered.

"Mom, can't you let us inside first?" I jokingly complained.

"Well, hello to you Chaeng, Alice, come on then, let's go in, your Dad's waiting for you inside" she took Genie's arm and led her inside while I just follow then shaking my head. Alice chuckled behind me.

"She really love her" she commented.

"True, we didn't even get a hug" I pouted.

"As long as you're with Genie, get used to it" she commented as she took my arm as well.

"I'm with her?" I questioned. I never told anyone about us, not even my family because as Genie said, let them guess and conclude on their own.

"Yeah, as long as you're in the same group, and as long as she is your bestfriend, as long as you are... well you know, as long as forever. I think even if you two will be enemies, she will still love her, mom will" she chuckled as we joined them in the living room

Dad has engulfed her in a bear hug too and has greeted each other. He moved next to Alice and hugged her too.

"Hello Chaeng, how have you been" he approached me and hugged me tightly.

"I've been well dad, thanks for the hug, Mom deprived me of one" I sounded assaulted but mom just ignored me.

"Here, give me my baby's bag Chaengie, I'll bring it to her room while you sit back for a while and relax. Then I'll serve food for you two" Mom reached for the bag in my arm. I just gave her, no argument, but I think that bag is more suitable in my room, since the owner will likely stay in it too. But I just kept the information to myself.

After breakfast, Dad engaged in a chess game with Genie. I watched them for a while, cuddling Genie but she was too engrossed in the game and isn't paying me any attention so I left them and looked for my sister. Can I tell her about us, just her? Because I want to.

"Alice" I called from the doorway of her room. She motioned me to come in.

"Missed me?" she joked as she set aside the paper work she has been perusing. That's what I love about my sister. I'll always be her first priority.

"It's weekend but you still brought your work here at our parent's house" I jokingly scolded her. She just shrugged.

"I want to talk to you about something. Have you heard Genie's debut songs?" I asked.

"Oh, from the second it was released! My secretary had it on repeat in the office for days!" she exclaimed and I laughed imagining the situation.

"So what can you say about the B-side song?" I asked.

"Ow, about that, I'm actually waiting for you to come. The referrals are too familiar so I'm actually wondering if that song was solely dedicated for you?" she asked. I slowly nodded and her reaction was a mix of surprise, awe, amazement and adoration.

"Wow, she was so sweet. She even used her own song to express her love to you!" she exclaimed.

"But ain't that too bold. Many of your fans are actually guessing the truth already" she mused.