Chapter 19 I'll Prove it to You

Chaeyoung

"Chaeng, I bet you'd look super in this spot, come on, let me take an A cut" Genie called to me, pointing to a spot next to blooming white roses. I smiled as I made my way there. Her calling me without the honorifics makes us more closer in my opinion.

"Here? How should I blend with these beautiful flowers then?" I asked.

"Oh, just flash your best smile and you'll all be flowers" she replied holding a smile.

"Oh, you may remove your jacket for a while. So you'll all be white roses" she suggested. I did and she took it from me before moving back to take my photo.

After a few poses, I urged her to pose in my spot too. I remove her jacket from her and positioned her before I claimed her camera. Her smile was blinding that I have to focus on the camera and in taking a good shot.

As we are putting back our jackets, she stopped me and suggested we take a selfie. I'm more than willing to oblige and took out my phone. I pulled her close to me and we had the field of roses as our background. After three poses, we resumed shielding our arms from the scorching sun. Just then, her phone rang so she answered it for a while.

"That's Ryle, he said our lunch is already at the nipa hut..." she paused as she craned her neck looking for something... "there" she pointed. I followed her gaze and saw a small hut not too far away. It is actually at the end of the rows of flowers.

"Good timing cause I'm already hungry, shall we?" she asked.

"Race again?" I asked but she didn't affirm in words rather she dart off.

I grinned. She can be a child if she want to, and she's so damn cute acting it. She yelled for me to follow so I jog after her. I reached the hut and she's already unpacking the boxes on a wooden table inside the unwalled hut.

"I thought you missed eating American and Korean dishes so I had asked my brother to go and take out for our lunch" she informed me as I sat on a bamboo bench in front of the table.

"Ow, you shouldn't have troubled him. I can eat any food you know" I felt like a burden for this action and I don't like it.

"I know, but you can just thank me for being thoughtful" she smirked. I wasn't able to stop myself that I moved to her side and kissed her in the cheek.

"And what's that for?" she asked.

"A thank you maybe" I replied smiling sheepishly as I sat back.

"Hmm, you're welcome" she smiled back.

We ate in comfortable silence. If we have another similarity, that is the love for silence. Each of us was lost in our own thoughts while eating. After everything was emptied, I cleaned the trashes. She leaned back on her bench to relax as she watch me. She is staring intently that I wonder if what is she thinking about.

"I wanna take a nap, but I also wanna finish the round before it rains. Can we go back? We only have like three paths to take" she asked sitting up straight.

"Sure, just no running okay" I reminded her as I stood up and took her hand.

"No running" she grinned as we walk.

We restarted from the one nearest to the hut. We walked doing the same routine, but no running this time. Finally, we reached the last unthreaded path. There are rows of millionaire plants in there and I can see her eyes dancing in delight at the sight.

"I love millionaires best next to roses" she spoke.

"Really, how many millionaires do you know then?" I asked joking.