Chapter 11 They Have their Own Secrets

Genie

Our second single was released mid-June and we are very happy of a greater success following our first ever album. Seems the fans are happy that we are continuously giving them content. They even compared us with Blackpink who only get to give a single comeback in a year. We just brush the comment. If only they know how much we have worked to cram everything in a short time and achieve the set schedule.

We began promotions, and it's a good thing we don't have a daily schedule. I took advantage of the days where we are free and instead of resting, I leaves the dorm to continue my search.

"Since the last time we work together, how much have you progressed?" Jisoo unnie asked.

I actually crashed in her apartment since she said she is lazy to go out and offered her place to work on instead. I'm more than happy to agree since we don't have to go out with disguises and we are safe from prying eyes. There's free food as well, though she made me cook first before she allowed me to start working.

"I've eliminated half of those 20+ already unnie" I informed her.

"Hm, how? I mean, based on what criteria this time" she asked.

"Travel histories. I tried searching the names on the internet and read about their travels. I removed those who never even left Korea, those who only travelled to the States and other countries not mine" I replied.

"And those half has travelled to the Philippines?" she asked.

"Not all, I'm not yet done checking the others" I replied.

"Uh, okay, should we continue then?" she offered.

"Yes thanks unnie" I gave her a smile and passed names to check.

"Uh, all these you gave me are eliminated" she spoke after nearly an hour.

"Okay, I've removed another three as well" I replied.

"So, how many passed the second screening?" she asked.

"Only four" I replied, holding four bondpapers containing informations about each of the four.

"Can I see?" she held a hand and I passed it to her as I lean back on the couch to relax a little.

"Hmm, all potential contestants. So, what's next? Wait, let's have lunch first, I'm hungry" she set aside the papers and dragged me to the kitchen since I almost don't want to leave the living room.

"Come on Genie, you have to stay healthy. Your promotions are on going" she scolded me.

"Yeah, but I only have, a week left. I am to work on my solo debut next so by then, I won't have enough time anymore" I whined.

"Don't worry, we have enough time. I'm helping you so we can work quicker. Here, eat up" she passed me a plate full of food.

"Whoah unnie, this is too much! I have to maintain a diet!" I exclaimed.

"As if your diet would affect your body. I'm envious of your metabolism actually" she grudged and I laughed.

"You're right there. Thanks for this" I started eating when she talk about a different topic.

"So, what's new with your bestfriend?" she asked.

"Nothing new. Still the sweet, kind, caring, and over protective unnie I have" I shrugged.

"Less jealous I hope?" she asked.

"Ow, about that, I think she's trying hard to hold it in. She don't comment on my 'dates' anymore though I can't make her sleep ahead everytime I go out. She's stubborn to always wait for me" I sighed.