Chapter 30 Unofficially Yours

Chaeyoung

Genie's words during the call made me realize I'm wrong with my accusation. She has really just run into Lisa at Paris unexpectedly. I wanna talk to her properly but she doesn't want to.

Aside from knowing Genie had intimate scenes during the last shooting, another thing that bothered me is Lisa's gaze. I locked gazes with her one time, trying to read her eyes but all I can read is regret, and yeah, love is still there, but, she's too late. Yeah, she is, I guess.

I managed to get back to SoKor by the 15th of August. I was informed that Lisa has left already and gone home to Thailand but I am more interested with the release of Genie's solo. I wanna see her final output and I badly wanna hear the B-side of her album.

The next day, the day of her solo debut, the three of us accompanied her to her schedules; to her VLive with the fans, joining her for the MV reaction video (Just the lead track), to her first music show as well in the afternoon, and in meeting everyone who worked with her during her preparation, gifting them with a signed album each. When done, we all went back to the dorm to celebrate a dual success after she brought home her first ever trophy as a soloist. She has set a record that would be unbeatable, after earning a trophy in just 4 hours after her debut.

I was desperate since I haven't yet heard the B-side of the song. It is an EDM, the maknaes said so I wanna hear it. However, when we arrived home, we went busy cooking. Genie has received multiple calls from home  congratulating her. Even other friends she made here has been congratulating her in any means they could.

It was only when the unnie's arrived and we finished dinner that we all settled to the sala with drinks, free to party. Genie wanted to play karaoke but I suggested to rewatch the MVs first, a low-key way to finally hear the songs. She agreed and connected her phone to the TV. We rewatched the first video again and I have the same reaction when she really had a hug scene, and then a piggy back ride later on. The unnies teased me while Genie just smiled.

Finally, the second MV was played but then, I was frozen. Her voice is so raw along with her feelings that I felt goosebumps all over my exposed skins. Even the others fell silent, feeling the song, but most especially, I focused on the lyrics.

🎶STOLEN SHOTS🎶

Do you remember
         when I told you one day
That the best photos
         are not those staged
But those which are taken naturally
Wherein the real emotions
          are captured?

Staring down at our
          stolen shots together
I can tell that every reaction
          was sincere
The message in our eyes
          and smiles are clear
That's when I realized
          I have loved you before
But I kept it to myself because of fear

I love your smile
     it makes my day brighter
Your laugh and voice
     is music to my ears
Your touch and hugs
     makes me feel secure
And your kisses
     makes me see white stars
All this I admitted when I saw
     our stolen shots together

I thought this love
      better be suppressed
Even after you confessed
      under the rain
Because we will be better off as friends
But these stolen shots
      are screaming at me
Right you have proved yourself enough
So I guess I'll just let myself fall

So if you are being serious all this time
Take my hand and lead me home
Then let me fall back into your arms
I'm sorry for ignoring your feelings
You know I hate to see you crying
These stolen shots
        has proven me wrong